Would like to meet new people Estepona area

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
smilealot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Would like to meet new people Estepona area

Postby smilealot » Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Well after much toing and froing because I couldn't decide where to live, I finally went for Estepona. signed contract now, so no more confusion.
What I need now is to meet new people and find info about things that go on in the area for expats. If anyone would like to meet for coffee or knows of things I can join to meet new people I would be very grateful
Last edited by smilealot on Mon May 23, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scotty
Resident

Re: Lone female Estepona would like to meet new people

Postby scotty » Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 pm

You are going to get the "wrong type" of replies to this post. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i suggest you try golf / tennis / bowls etc etc as a base of contacts. Pick the one that is appropriate to your age profile 8) . Im 3km from Estepona and its a great location.

smilealot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Would like to meet new people, join social events Estepona

Postby smilealot » Mon May 23, 2011 7:40 pm

scotty wrote:You are going to get the "wrong type" of replies to this post. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i suggest you try golf / tennis / bowls etc etc as a base of contacts. Pick the one that is appropriate to your age profile 8) . Im 3km from Estepona and its a great location.
I do not understand what you mean by I would get the "wrong type of replies" I've only asked how to meet new people and what goes on in the area, am I missing something? or do you mean the lone female bit? If so, to clarify, I meant I am new to the area and do not know anyone so therefore would like to meet new people and find out what goes on in the area.
Last edited by smilealot on Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Let me put it less subtly: it sounds like an advert for a prostitute.
Get hold of "Sur in English" free paper (view it on the web if you are still in the UK) and look in the back pages under headings such as "Adult Relaxation".
Do NOT do the foregoing if you are of a delicate or innocent nature.
You could get contacts from some very pleasant sounding ladies (over the web) who sit down to wee and shave their faces daily.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 pm

smilealot wrote:Well after much toing and froing because I couldn't decide where to live, I finally went for Estepona. signed contract now, so no more confusion.
What I need now is to meet new people and find info about things that go on in the area for expats. If anyone would like to meet for coffee or knows of things I can join to meet new people I would be very grateful
Some people have rather strange minds on this forum, you have made it fairly plain where you are coming from in your post.
Sometimes a local church or Christian fellowship is a good place to find friends and network.

smilealot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby smilealot » Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

OMG!! I am going to ask Mods to change subject title but I don't know what too, just thought of, 'new friends in Estepona' or 'would like to meet new people' but now they both sound dodgy because I am looking at them through different eyes. What can I write? Oh, what a horrible world this has become when we have to be so careful like this.
Last edited by smilealot on Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Don't worry smilealot,
just reading your post made your intentions clear.I understood exatly what you were saying and until I read the replies it didn't even enter my head that your post could have been misunderstood.
I wish you luck and I'm sure you'll find like minded people to spend time with.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

I am fairly sure that anyone from this forum would be what they say they are, but it was worth pointing out that one must take care using the internet. A poster could say that they were a 35-year-old lady of refined manners, but be an old letch of a bloke, well into his sixties - no names, no pack drill!
The best way would be to try places where you can see the others and weigh them up - churches etc as has been said, British Legion, bridge clubs, and so on. I was concerned lest you put the same message in a freesheet or similar.
The world is perhaps a less pleasant place than it was.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 pm

You can change the title yourself, if you wish, by clicking on 'Edit' or just say what you would like the title to be.
Let's go Brandon!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm

I think the title is ok and anyone close to you with time on their hands will be glad of a meet for a coffee and chat, just stick with it a while :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 23, 2011 11:32 pm

I agree julie
I think if she had put "Lonely Female wanting to meet men for fun",only then Alarm bells would have rung.
Last edited by markwilding on Tue May 24, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

smilealot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby smilealot » Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 pm

markwilding wrote:I agree julie
I think if she had put "Lonely Female wanting to meet men for fun", Alarm bells would have rung.
Ha Ha, yes, the fact that I wrote meet for coffee and to find out what goes on in the area made it quite clear. Anyway I have removed the 'lone female' bit from subject title so there is no misunderstanding.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: Would like to meet new people, join social events Estepo

Postby frank » Tue May 24, 2011 9:03 am

[quote="smilealot"]
Ha Ha, yes, the fact that I wrote meet for coffee and to find out what goes on in the area made it quite clear. [/quote]

For most of us, it was quite clear, an innocent request to find out more about the area. :?
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

smilealot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Would like to meet new people Estepona area

Postby smilealot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Well I still haven't found any clubs or anything, maybe I could try photography or water colour painting, anything (except walking) are there any clubs to join for ex pats here in Estepona? surely there must be something going on but I can't find it. Done google search and everything, help, does anyone know?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi smilealot,
Guess you came across this site, loads going on................. :?:

http://www.siberme.com/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi

Don't know how your Spanish is, but all towns have free classes, maybe you could try thoses, if your Spanish is good, just act numb Lol !

Don't they have free local papers that tell you whats going on around there, I thought there was plenty of Brits in that area.

Hope you find something soon :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm

[quote="smilealot"]surely there must be something going on but I can't find it. [/quote]
I said before here, we called in the port there a few weeks ago, and I think we doubled the number of visitors, it was deserted! All the nice foreign restaurants looked great, but all the waiters were just standing around, nobody was eating, it was like a ghost town. :thumbdown: We quickly jumped back in the car and left.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 pm

"I said before here, we called in the port there a few weeks ago, and I think we doubled the number of visitors, it was deserted"

if you´d stayed around till a bit later on you´d have found the port packed, but way after you were tucked up in bed !!

esteponaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby esteponaman » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Smilealot, :

Have you tried the ICE club (International Club de Estepona) it is outside Estepona on main road to Sabbanillas about 2k form Estepona roundabout. LHS

It is an International club , arranges activities & social nights etc.,

smilealot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby smilealot » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks everybody for your comments, I have just been told about the ICE club and will be looking into that and also met a couple of people for coffee, so slowly but surely I suppose, as in any new place.