buying adjoining land - excessive fees?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
alpujarrans
Tourist

buying adjoining land - excessive fees?

Postby alpujarrans » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:22 pm

We are buying land adjoining our campo casita from the same estate agent with whom we dealt when bought our property in 2003. He owns this adjoining land. The price agreed was 6.500 euros.
He has asked us to pay additional 'costs' which, when queried, were detailed exactly as follows:-

210 euros TAX
300 ------ NOTARY
300 ------ REGISTER
50 -------TRANSLATOR
200 ------ GESTORIA

He has asked for a large proportion of cash along with a cheque rounded off to 7.500 euros (which reeks of creative accounting).
Any opinions will be gratefully received.
Alpujarrans

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: buying adjoining land - excessive fees?

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Those expenses look reasonable. There are certain fees which are more or less constant regardless of the amount of money changing hands. I suppose it depends on how much you want to buy the land but I would insist on the full amount being declared in the escritura and I would retain responsibility for paying the fees and expenses rather than handing over the funds to him.
Let's go Brandon!

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: buying adjoining land - excessive fees?

Postby alig99 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Given the costs we have been given for a change to our escritura these seem very reasonable. The notary costs were quoted as 400e in Torrox, so your costs see reasonable to me. Ali