Lovely weather

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: Lovely weather

Postby IreneD » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi Wicksey - many thanks, maybe you and I will meet up one of these days - you were my first Andalucia.com friend :)

Back in the U.K. for a few weeks, preparing to sell the caravan, probably not the best time of year for selling but hopefully it will go quickly - we need the dosh!

pietree
Resident

Postby pietree » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Happy Xmas day,

been sat in the sun 28 degrees here today :thumbup:
Thats it for now

mustlovedogz
Tourist

Postby mustlovedogz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Irene
How's it going? We only have 2 weeks left in the UK and having lived briefly before in Adalucia, can't wait to get back.

Other forums are so DOWN on newbies, its so nice to hear all the positive comments. Feeling a little down today however, as having swotted up enormously on PPC so my wee doggie can avoid them, I've today discovered on here the thread about Leishmania .... :( :( :(
urgg....

Don't think I'll ever live in the campo :(
If it's not right, it's wrong.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi mustlovedogz and welcome to the forum! Not long till you come to Spain then - hope your dog stays healthy! Whereabouts will you be living?

As to how it's going with us, I've been keeping quiet as there have been delays and I didn't want to say too much until we were certain of when we were coming over. The main reason for the delay is that it dawned on us that - without the caravan money - we couldn't afford to buy a car and that's essential. Well, I think it is. I wouldn't want to rely on public transport, busses are few and far between in Canillas! Even though we'd decided to rent a car for the first 3 months, we still decided it would be foolish to give up our jobs etc without having the money from selling the caravan in the bank. If the caravan hadn't sold, we'd have been in trouble!

So - to cut a very long story short - at the moment OH and I are coming to the end of our stay in a flat, we found a short term holiday let after much research on the internet. It's in Sleaford, which is where my OH works, so very convenient. I gave up my job when we moved out of the caravan and into the flat. State of play at the moment is..............caravan is sold, OH's van is sold, my ancient Honda is going to live at a daughter's until we decide what to do with it and..............our flight to Spain is a week today!! (And OH has just come in from his last day at work!)

Exciting - it's really happening! Well, fingers crossed. There are a few family things going on but I'm trying not to do my control freak thing and I'm letting everyone sort themselves out :silent:

Sid knows all this - I've been picking his brains by PM, poor chap and he's been brilliant, thanks Sid :thumbup:

This afternoon, I have been making lists of things we still need to do over the next week, still got plenty to do. We've needed this 8 week period, it's been great and I found the nicest landlady in the world, she couldn't have been more helpful and kind if we'd been family, it's made this transition period really easy and my stress levels are pretty good really.

mustlovedogz
Tourist

Postby mustlovedogz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Wow Irene, thats great. Yes, you are right not to try to be a control freak, I should know... I am one too and I am also trying not to be freaky. Things are the same here, all hectic and arrangements and constant discussions. Just received our business cards for new venture, disappointed :( (Damn vistaprint) and just put car on ebay to try to get a few bob for it. And cancelled council tax etc etc etc... its all go go GOOOO....

Got confirmation from ferry, but instead of stating "2 adults and one friendly dog cabin" like each invoice has been, the blooming final invoice after full payment was made says "or kennel"..... Urm NO, not "or kennel" so I had a bit of a freak out about that... I rang them and asked why it says "or kennel" when we booked a pet friendly cabin months ago and none of the other correspondence even mentions kennel, but they said its just a generic receipt and not to worry.... Phaa!! easier said than done eh? My husband told me to calm down and we would arrive early enough to make sure it was a cabin, but I'm not so sure now... why did it have to say that. :shifty:

We are going to hire a car for a few months as second hand ones are more expensive over there. You can hire reasonably cheaply per month and don't have to worry about using your best Spanish to not only purchase, but also insure and tax etc until you are fluent. We will probably hire for a month and go without for a month etc, depending on requirements...

Getting nervous now too, like you probably are. But we must be brave and follow our dreams.. nothing ventured nothing gained.... :thumbup: Its nice to know I'm not the only one going through all this on my own... it sure feels like it sometimes. :crazy:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Know how you feel! :thumbup: There's so much to think about and the things that cause the most annoyance are silly things - for instance, cancelling the t.v. license was a farce! I kept getting e-mails back about all sorts of things, none of them the cancellation! Duh! Oh well, we'll get there, I'll be checking all the Direct Debits and making sure we've tidied everything up.

We sold OH's van on e-bay, we had 78 watchers!! It went for quite a good price so we're pleased about that - good luck with your car. Hope you get everything sorted and can set forth worry free, or with as little worry as possible. Best wishes :)

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Irene and mustlovedogz

Great news peeps! We made the break 8 years ago. Hope you enjoy your new lives.
Dave

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks, Dave! :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi mustlovedogz,
Sounds like you're booked on the Cap Finistère :?: If so it will give you a Cabin number on your Ticket.
Even if for some reason you don't get a Pet friendly cabin the "kennels" are good, from memory there are only 4 large and 8 small ones, and you can pop up there any time.

Have an enjoyable trip over.................. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:13 pm

So Irene, nearly there eh ! keep us posted, I am pleased it has all come together for you :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

mustlovedogz
Tourist

Postby mustlovedogz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Oops, forgot about TV licence, cheers Irene. Well done getting van sold, fingers crossed we get car sold too. I really am not stressing the small stuff and anything I have forgotten about I am sure I'll have lots more time to deal with over there. Finish work in just over a week then I'll be panicking. I've lived in a few countries now and moved ten times now since I met my contracting Husband...in 8 years, so looking forward to calling this place 'home' and feel blessed that I know where I want to be and this little part of Spain that we stumbled on has stolen my heart... nice to be able to choose I guess. Not everyone can live where they want.

Thanks Enrique :thumbup: yup thats the one, yes, there is a cabin number, so hopefully it'll go okay. I'd have flown him over, but my husband spoils him and didn't want him out of our site... awww... How is the crossing... any recommendations? And Yes, you are right, if he has to go in a kennel then so be it, so thank you for the positive comment. :D

deb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deb » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Irene and mustlovedogz just wanted to say good luck with the move. Irene i remember talking to you just over three years ago when i was making the move. I was so worried about leaving my daughter in the uk and also my late son's resting place. Since we moved here we now have two grandchildren, and yes i do miss them but talk to them on skype a few times a week. I think my grandson thinks his nana lives in the computer. But great news they are coming to visit on Monday, cant wait. Anyway i am sure you will love the better weather and the relaxed life style here.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 am

Best of luck to you both and hope all goes smoothly for you on the crossing. :wave:

mustlovedogz
Tourist

Postby mustlovedogz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank you Anis.... fingers crossed... probably be the worst gales in history when we are due to cross, always the same for me with my luck... :wtf: thats if we get to the ferry in the first place due to the thick snow having blanketed the place in the heaviest snow falls in history too!!!!!! AND it'll be lashing it down while we are trying to load the van..... good job I married an optimist eh????

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi mustlovedogz,
The Brittany-Ferries have changed their route round the top end of France so will be closer to the French coast and calmer waters.

Enjoy your crossing.............. 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks Julie, Deb and Anis. I remember talking to you too, Deb :)

2 more days to go! Had a lovely family party today, a send-off 'do' at my middle daughter's house - beautiful weather for it, too, we were able to get out into her beautiful garden. Feeling very blessed today.............