Advice on long term rental and living please

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Uliveonce

Advice on long term rental and living please

Postby Uliveonce » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi,
I am currently based in the UK and have been offered a job in marbella as a project manager. I am negotiating so still not sure if it will go ahead. However, I would appreciate any advice on the following questions if possible:

1. I will need to do a long term 1 year rent at first. What areas would I get the best quality minimum 2 bed place with terrace and parking, that is fairly close to the sea and local amenities for around 5-700 euros a month? It must be within 30 mins drive of Marbella centre.

2. What other expenses will I need to consider each month (for a single man!)

3. Is there any anomosity from local people against English coming over and taking jobs?

4. Do you think that the current economical climate is improving at all?

Thanks for any advice in advance

jayce
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Advice on long term rental and living please

Postby jayce » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Elviria is a nice area, less than 10 mins East of Marbella. Rental about 600 - 700 for a really nice apartment. Very nice beaches, shops restaurants etc. Other expenses, maybe Internet 36 euros a month. Another area Nueva Andalucia, just by Puerto Banus, less than 10 mins West of Marbella. There is a local English weekly newspaper called Sur in English, you can read it online, gives you an idea of things on the coast, rentals etc. We don't experience any anti English feelings from the Spanish.

scottishtog
Tourist

Postby scottishtog » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 am

I cant answer many of your questions but the law in spain is that if you rent for more than 6 months (ie as a landlord) then the tennant can stay for up to 5 years and there is nothing you can do about it. You'll find it much easier to get a rental if you take it 6 months at a time
www.house-spain.co.uk

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Its a buyers (renters) market. There will be so much choice you will be like a child in a candy store. Make sure to stay away from areas with bars and nightclubs. Otherwise kiss your sleep goodbye.