From Mexican island to alpujarras, any advice appreciated

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: From Mexican island to alpujarras, any advice appreciate

Postby frank » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:07 pm

[quote="Julie"]If you listen and read the press you will realise that the crisis is very real for a lot of people in Spain :(

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/201 ... 51845.html[/quote]

Agree, like the guy in Granada in today's paper that committed suicide just before he was about to be evicted form his house. Police that went to evict him found that he had hanged himself. I gave a link to this excellent blog in another thread, there are people there effectively squatting as they couldn't pay their mortgages, no electricity, no water.
http://dibujosypegoletes.blogspot.co.uk/
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: From Mexican island to alpujarras, any advice appreciate

Postby anyroads » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm

The sad thing, the political class do not have any answers.

The people at the top are paid too much ( La Liga footballers etc ), the people who are working and in the middle are being bled dry, and the underclass, whether working or not, are being trod upon.

This I guess is the new order.

anyroads

LanjaronBadger
Tourist

Re: From Mexican island to alpujarras, any advice appreciated

Postby LanjaronBadger » Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Mexico K. Did you move as I am buying a property in Lanjaron in the Sierra Nevada foothills at the end of May and hope to rent over summer months on air bnb. Your husbands carpentry skills and yourself taking promotional photos could be a good combination. Unfortunately I will only be there this year for the last 3 weeks of August and the last 2 weeks of October. Please message back if you may be in area and we might be able to plot a plan !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 06, 2017 8:30 pm

The original post is quite old but I will add my twopenneth, I was very recently in Madrid and observed the following: bars packed at night with young Spaniards, most of them ordering cokes or tonic water and then surreptitiously filling their glasses from bottles secreted within their clothes, fact !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 06, 2017 8:51 pm

As someone who worked as a "bouncer" for many years i would say thats the norm anywhere

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun May 21, 2017 9:58 pm

I was in a bar last week, catering more or less for Real Madrid fans, second last game of the season which they won to go 3 points clear ( they have won the title tonight ).

The place was packed. A few minutes after the final whistle, it was almost empty. A lot of the "fans" were either not drinking or were nursing the same half of beer ( OK lager then ) for the whole game. I have seen this happen in this bar time after time.

anyroads