What forms to take to register S1 form

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
JAKE M
Resident

What forms to take to register S1 form

Postby JAKE M » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:24 am

We have an appointment next week to register our S1 forms. We have N.I.E. certificates which were issued in 2004. We are empadronado and have the certificates. We have taken several copies of each! I searched on here but can't find if there are any other certificates we need to take along with our S1 forms to register them. I have read on another site that we may need a residents certificate(which seems to include N.I.E.numbers).Obviously we need to get this right as we are only out for 10 days prior to moving out full time in April.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

gina59
Resident

Re: What forms to take to register S1 form

Postby gina59 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Just done mine you need copy of passport as well as what you mentioned, they also asked for the original.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks gina59. Can I just clarify?
We have the S1 forms, passports, NIE certificates and padron certificates. Is that all the forms we need to take?
The puzzle for me is that i read about a reference to the "residence certificate" which we don't have yet. Are these required to register the S1 ?
Thanks

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:54 pm

yes you will need to register as residents, unfortunately I have been a resident for some years now, so not quite sure how you go about it now, I am sure someone on this forum will have the relevant information as the proceedure has changed. Sorry I cant be of more help, if you have a facebook account there is also a lot of information on citizens advice bureau spain site. hope this helps.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 pm

We registered as residents before going to the INSS office to register our S1 forms. The main stumbling block for us was proof of income. Are you OK as regards proving you can support yourselves financially, Jake? As for the forms and documents, just take everything you can think of with a couple of photocopies of each, just in case - a lot depends on the funcionario you are sitting in front of as to what you will be asked for. This thread might help you, although I do waffle on it quite a bit, just skim over the waffle :D http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31523

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Dave

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:03 pm

You will probably need fresh padron certificates. Although these do not expire, usually "authorities" want ones less than 3 months old IIRC.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:19 pm

IreneD wrote:We registered as residents before going to the INSS office to register our S1 forms. The main stumbling block for us was proof of income. Are you OK as regards proving you can support yourselves financially, Jake? As for the forms and documents, just take everything you can think of with a couple of photocopies of each, just in case - a lot depends on the funcionario you are sitting in front of as to what you will be asked for. This thread might help you, although I do waffle on it quite a bit, just skim over the waffle :D http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31523
Thanks Irene. Read through the lot "waffle and all". Very informative. "
2 concerns are other than uk bank statements Showing monthly regular income, how else can I prove our income?
We're only over for 10 days next week. If anything goes wrong--tough. :crazy:
Thanks to all contributors to Irene's post. Very helpful indeed.
I'll let you know how we get on.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Pleased you found the thread helpful, Jake. As I recall, the funcionaria was talking about us getting a letter from the pensions people confirming our pension amount - I did take a load of bank statements but she wasn't interested in them. We were lucky that she accepted the nota simple on our property as proof we wouldn't be a financial drain on Spain :) - as talked about in the thread - lateral thinking on her part, fortunately for us.

Good luck, hope it is all straight-forward for you. :thumbup:

Edit: Article 3 section cii from Mowser's link might help you, Jake

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 pm

how else can I prove our income?
Don't you have a letter from your employer stating how much your pension is or will be?
Dave

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Mowser wrote:
how else can I prove our income?
Don't you have a letter from your employer stating how much your pension is or will be?
Yes I get an annual statement advising of my rise for the coming year but sod's law kicked in and it hasn't arrived in time for the cita previa.
I'll just have to "wing it"" as our lads would say and see what happens.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Take last year's statement then!
Dave

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that people trying to do the right thing have to go through hoops to get residency in Spain.
I was at ALDI's this morning and the usual guy (Northern European) was outside begging. Hs he got proof of income? How about his declaration regarding private health insurance.
Bah humbug.
Dave

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:56 am

bit of a follow on question but where do you take the s1 to after it is stamped.we will be in frigiliana so is it the hospital in nerja?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Yes to the Medical center in Nerja and you need to go round to the left of the reception to table two.
The lady, whose name eludes me now but Mowser will have it on the tip of his tongue, speaks no English but is quite helpful.
Take all the same paperwork naturally. The translators will help.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Violeta is her name.
Dave

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks alot both of you.do they then give us a dr or can we just go where we like One way flights are booked!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 pm

I seem to think they allocate you one in Frigiliana, it is a few years ago now but one of the doctors just does Frigi I think (Antonio) and the other does both Nerja and Frigiliana (Gulliermo). Now this I found handy as there is no translator in Frigilana but, of course ther are usually at least two in Nerja so if you are broken you can make an appointment in Nerja.
Once you have your cards you can do much on line and of course any repeat prescriptions are on the card.
We changed to an English speaking Lady doctor just over a year ago at our local health center. Very easy to do.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks.So when you first registar they allocate you one and once your cards have come through you can pick your own if you like?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:07 pm

That's about the size of it, it's seven years since we first registered so I could be a bit out but that's what happened to us I think.