What forms to take to register S1 form

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
JAKE M
Resident

Re: What forms to take to register S1 form

Postby JAKE M » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Well we're just back from a 10 day "organising things" holiday including obtaining residencia and registering our S1 form.
Well we fell at the first hurdle!! Not so bad though because now we know what to do when we come out in April.
The comisaria requested proof of income as some of you suggested but that in turn has to be translated by an official body and "Stamped"- how the Spanish bureaucrats love their paperwork.
Everything else was in order.
Anyway we've decided to use the 6 month rule to decide if this is the route we want to take.
Thanks for everyone's input and help.
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Do you have a spanish bank account set up jake. our gestor told us to avoid having to get translations of pension income etc we should just put 5+k euro into our spanish bank account and get a cetificate from the bank showing it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

And once the money has been there it does not have to stay there? :wink:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:53 pm

elusive wrote:Do you have a spanish bank account set up jake. our gestor told us to avoid having to get translations of pension income etc we should just put 5+k euro into our spanish bank account and get a cetificate from the bank showing it.
We showed our bank statement showing plenty of euros and our U.K a/c showing our monthly income.
Our position is that we are early retirees and so don't receive the O.A.P. We don't need to work so we have to prove that we will not be a financial burden on Spain so we need this letter from our company pension provider and it in turn has to be translated.
Not a problem but if only it happened this way across the e.u. it would be understandable and fairer.
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Which police station did you go to jake.was it torre? and did your spanish
bank account show more than 10k.presume its you and your partner. we are going for residencia next month so would like to see how some are applying the rules

do they require a translation of a dwp "wage slip" just wondering if it might be harder than we think interms of registaring. my parents will be in receipt of a state pension although my mothers pensions is under 5 k a year. my father has a full state pension and private pensions ontop so i guess my mother would be classed as a dependent if they have an issue with her yearly income. i have S1 coverage due to working in the uk and ill be taking a large amount of savings with me.can i be classed as a depebdebt ad i will be living with/off them. we have a joint spanish account which we will be depositing a large k amount of euros in. as i said our gestor advised putting in more than 15k to avoid any issues re translating pensions etc.but it seems abit more complicated than that?

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Just saw this post and a big problem if you show someone as a dependant is proving the relationship e.g. our friends had a nightmare proving they were married. There is a previous thread on all this somewhere.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Yeah i remember reading your post. we are gonna put alot of euros into our account so hopefully that will be ok for the three of us. Otherwise it could get confusing as my mothers pension is now being paid into our spanish account but hers is well under 5k and my fathers first state pension payment wont happen till may. and his private pension payments go into a uk account as the charges for having it paid into a euro account are high. touch wood the lump sum will be ok and as recommended we have photo copies of everything x10!. we will be off to torre asap when we arrive as getting the residencia sorted and knowing where we stand is my main concern