update

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

update

Postby mountainlass » Sat May 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi There

Just to say that we have now moved to Spain and live in Extremadura, which is magical.

We have bought our house and starting to settle in to making it our home.

For our move we used "Jimbo the Scott" what stars he and Arthur are. Everything arrived as they said it would, collected from the storage in UK and for us there was no stress at all. Very competitive price I would not expect anyone to find anyone better or more cost effective. Thanks Jim

The cats have settled in well now, and we are now looking for a dog to adopt which should not be hard in Spain.

Yes we are still in the honeymoon period, but early retirement is really nice, no more bed pans, surgeons, late all nighters.

BRILLIANT :wtf:

Free at Last
Resident

Re: update

Postby Free at Last » Sat May 03, 2014 3:59 pm

It's good to hear that everything is going so well, long may it continue!

Early retirement - what's not to like? :D

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat May 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Brilliant, enjoy and as you say there are so many dogs looking for a good home, how lucky you will be when the right dog finds you and will make your live so much better ,we usually think we do the dog the favour but really its the other way around, they bring us so much pleasure :) All the best in this new chapter of your lives.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Mon May 05, 2014 3:15 pm

We hope to hear more of your adventures as you settle in - and I do hope everything continues to go smoothly. :D As to needing to rescue a dog ... I am sure Oliveview will be along soon, but I thought I should mention, that we have heard on the grapevine of a Perrera (dog pound) at Badajoz which is continually full to bursting and apparently they do still sacrifice the dogs as they get full ... perhaps you can find a suitable hound there? If not then Oliveview helps at a Refuge near Sevilla :angel: , and I help at one in Huelva province, and yes we can send them out to Extramadura!
Apart from cat-friendly do you know what type of dog you would want?
Lavanda will probably be along to help you with her excellent local knowledge too!
Welcome to your new home :thumbup: and the delights of retirement from the NHS! :oops:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:03 pm

And Cordoba pound too Gasman, a Facebook group I belong to is trying to save 6 tonight that are due to be ´sacrificed´ very soon.

Welcome to Spain Mountainlass, apart from the way some people treat animals, we love it here.

We are fostering a fabulous little girl- she was sterilised last Friday- she is looking for a home- at the moment she is asleep on my armchair- how can she go back to the refuge? 4.5-5kg of love :) :) A scruffy little thing- Yorky I am sure in there somewhere. Excellent with cats, has totally ignored ours, ignored the hens and gets on well with our dogs......what more could you want???

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Fri May 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi mountainlass, I just read your update and wanted to say congratulations on the successful move. As Gasman mentioned, please keep us updated - even though you're in Extremadura, I'm sure we can make you 'honourary Andalucians' or something!

We had an interesting but ultimately fortuitous confluence of circumstances recently, which meant that we were able to bring forward our long-desired move to Spain and we're now settling into life in Malaga. So far the 'pros' far outweigh any 'cons' and we're delighted to be here. I've also been fortunate to encounter friendly and helpful people when dealing with the Byzantine Spanish bureaucracy; so far I have my Certificado de Residencia and Padrón, next is the Seguridad Social and then the Carnet de Conducir.

Now that I actually live here (as opposed to just visiting from time to time), I'm really noticing the beautiful colours on show everywhere - the jacaranda trees, bougainvilleas and the magnificent rose garden next to Malaga town hall being examples. This is a lovely time of year.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 17, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Mountainlass and welcome to Extremadura. If you need any help just give me a call. :wink:

laswalkirias
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby laswalkirias » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Imust confess that your post about the rose garden next to Town hall raised a smile
Afew weeks ago after walkuing through said garden |I spotted alady putting beautiful flowers planted at the back of the building into a doggy bag
Must be the recession!!!
Dying to move to spain

Daisymay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi mountain lass,

I read your post with great interest and wish you the very best with your new life in beautiful Spain, I noted that you were looking for a dog and know of a beautiful spaniel with a poorly leg or paw that needs help in Castril he is so kind and gentle in very good condition apart from the limp can't of been on his own for long the bar/ restaurant we saw and feed him in said they give him scraps at the end of the evening just a thought. I have also posted on the pet section giving his whereabouts and cave living forum and a nice chap called Clifford is going to try and get to Castril, we are on holiday and moving around and can only get online occasionally but will check in again in a few days.

Very best wishes