Coming Soon - Lots of questions

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Pete'nKim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Coming Soon - Lots of questions

Postby Pete'nKim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm

We are arriving to rent in Periana for 6 months in Feb and although we are content that we have done the necessary, we would also like to ask members for input on a variety of things that will help us to settle.

In addition to finding recommendations for, dentist, vet etc. we would also be grateful if people know of or are involved with the following that we think we may like to get involved with once we are settled in.
Yoga groups
Golf (for hackers with no handicap)
Spanish lessons
Local community groups and voluntary organisations.
Remember - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Coming Soon - Lots of questions

Postby Buffy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 pm

I bet you're both really excited. Hope it all goes swimmingly for you :wave:

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Sorry, we are well off to the west in Huelva provincial - so can't help. I'm sure someone from your area will be along soon to help.
Meanwhile keep planning and keep up to date with online bits and pieces relating to your area, Andalucía and Spain in general. I feel things may be on the move, what with the election coming up and changes in local, regional, and national governments, the economy STARTING to pick up at last, and spring on the way.
Cheers - hope it all goes well for you :wave: Only a few weeks to go then :thumbup:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:34 pm

My advice would be take your time, get loads of quotes and recommendations and be Careful who you make friends with, there are always plenty of 'scumbags' and 'freeloaders' who will want to be your 'best friends'...
Regards,
Gordon.

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:09 pm

I so agree Gordon,
That's one of the reasons I'm leaving here. Scumbags and freeloaders

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:37 pm

I thought you hadn't arrived here yet?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:26 pm

I haven't Gerry. For 'here' substıtute Turkey. I have learned some hard lessons from scumbags and freeloaders living here for the past fifteen years. Hopefully I will be able to avoid them when I move to Spain. Early April!!

Pete'nKim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pete'nKim » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:22 am

Thanks for the feedback and we do hope to take some time to check out the best supplier for internet. It's a fact of life now that it seems to have become so important to be "connected" but as we say goodbye to friends and family here the inevitable "we'll email, Facebook, Skype etc." shows how reliant even us old folks are on technology.

As for the scumbags, I'm sure we will meet a few and apologies to all of the genuine folks out there if you meet us and we seem unfriendly but we plan to be over-cautious when meeting new people, english and spanish.
Remember - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Peter & Kim

Try these Websites to find what you want.

http://costadelsol.angloinfo.com/whatson

http://www.cantueso.net/wordpress/things-to-do/

Good Luck

Nigel

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Periana isn't far from where I live. If you are on facebook, you would get lots of info in the Axarquia info group. Some very nice, helpful people here - including me :D I hope you settle in and enjoy our part of Spain https://www.facebook.com/groups/axarquia.info/ The person who started the group lives in Periana.

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Postby GRANVILLE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi .good luck. I can only speak about the golf, I am a member of the GINS golf society that play at a few courses on the coast. Look at their web site it has all the info on that . There is also Vinuela golf society that are based at bar Mereno's in Puente don Manuel. As for Spanish lessons try your local town hall they sometimes do courses.

dingobingo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby dingobingo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:36 pm

I too am a hacker with no handicap (other than severe). Straight down to the coast and turn East you'll find Baviera Golf. Nice driving range, just 1 euro for balls etc. PM me if you'd like to meet up.