Looking To Buy A Property

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Spartacus
Andalucia.com Amigo

Looking To Buy A Property

Postby Spartacus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:38 am

Hi, I'm Moving to Malaga area in early March for a 3 month rental. The purpose of the rental is to find a property to buy. Looking for inland of Malaga slighlty east, north or west. 2 or 3 bedroon with a little bit of a garden or land. This is the culmination of a few years planning so do have quite clear ideas of what I am looking for and what it will cost. If anyone thinks they may have what I'm looking for then please PM me. Nothing ventured , nothing gained. There is always a win win scenario when you look in my opinion. Thank you for reading.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Looking To Buy A Property

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:50 am

Campo or village/town ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:30 am

Spartacus,
Now obviously is a great time to purchase a property in Spain...soooo much in your favour now...
May I suggest that you give more details of your requirements, as Chrissie indicates.
The members here are very well informed and could be a great help to you in finding your new home and many will probably know of properties which are not on public sale..
Good Luck. :wave:

Regards,
Gordon.

Spartacus
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Spartacus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Good point people, bit of a poor post. :crazy: More details Small 2 or 3 bed villa with pool, not in a town, ideally just outside a village, maybe 30 mins from the coast at most. Around the £180,000 (euro equivalent) mark. A bit of a garden or small bit of land. Not some huge olive plantation lol. Hopefully this is achievable. If I'm being unrealistic you can be blunt, got big shoulders. :lolno:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 pm

More achievable than you think with that budget,take your time and have a good look around, good luck :wave:

Spartacus
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Spartacus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Thanks Pamela, got me all excited there when I seen a reply lol. Reassuring that it's achievable. :clap:

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:21 pm

My house would meet your needs exactly; but I want another €80,000.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:08 am

Hi Spartacus, I have sent you a pm :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Pete'nKim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pete'nKim » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:03 am

Hi Spartacus

Good idea to spend a few months in the area to give you more time to get to know places.
We're moving out in Feb after a few years of going back and forth to find a place. Our requirements are similar to yours and we thought we had found somewhere last year but lost that one. We are now going to rent while we spend more time getting to know the various villages we like better. I will pm you with feedback on the EA we have used.
We are ending for 6 months but are also now clear that we may rent for longer in order to find the right place, or maybe renting is an option for longer term. I was against this and would still ideally like a place that's ours, where we can make additions or adaptations to put our own stamp on it. However, as this is a big move to a different country maybe the freedom of renting and being able to spend time in different areas will be good. No responsibility for major repairs and property maintenance, able to move on if we decide we prefer the coast to the mountains for instance.
We are about 45 mins from the airport so a bit further inland than you but good luck and maybe we'll meet up to fight over a great country property in the future.
Remember - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:51 am

Here are a few possibilities:- How about the one in Iznate?

http://tinyurl.com/lvslppv
Dave

Pete'nKim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pete'nKim » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:03 am

Another thing comes to mind when looking at web pics. What are the pics not showing? How near a motorway? The goat farm next door? (or cement factory in our case) How far along a track? (lots of houses are along tracks of differing length and condition and we now know how far and how poor a track we are willing to accept).
It's a very long day when looking at property in Spain, especially in the campo, and it is best to ask lots of questions before you are driving along a dirt track or to a place that you know you won't want and then you waste your own and the owners time.
Remember - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:12 am

Google earth is good for checking out properties - as long as the agent lets you know where it is!
Dave

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Pete'nKim wrote:Another thing comes to mind when looking at web pics. What are the pics not showing? How near a motorway? The goat farm next door? (or cement factory in our case) How far along a track?
Can't agree more, especially as there are often dogs in corrals or cages that you may not initially be aware of. If you are thinking of campo living I would be very careful. Campo houses aren't always easy to sell on again if you decide you don't like the area/access/noisy neighbours etc. In the UK we just used to buy a house and not worry if we needed to move again within the year if we found that it wasn't suitable. Here we thought very long (3 years) and hard before buying again after a break away. The legality of some of the properties for sale around here was also something we had to consider.
Mowser wrote:Here are a few possibilities:- How about the one in Iznate?

http://tinyurl.com/lvslppv
Iznate pueblo is north facing ... it must be freezing in the winter ... it is cold enough in our south-facing house today! It is colder/cooler for more time than it is too hot.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Iznate pueblo is north facing. A lot of the campo houses in that area are south facing.
Dave

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Looking at the photos I would suggest that the house is not in Iznate pueblo.
It is somewhere outside the pueblo.
The pool area certainly is not north facing given the shadows on the wall. :thumbup:
My house is described as in Cajiz but I am in the campo more than 1Km from Cajiz pueblo.
Which all goes to prove that don't put all your trust in the photos if you want to know exactly where a property is.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Spartacus
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Spartacus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Some great pointers there folks. I particularly like google earth as it certainly helps rule some properties out. I have made a start creating a short list of properties that are at least worth a drive to the area. That should help me get it down to those worth viewing thus avoiding messing people about. Many thanks.