Bed & Breakfasts

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Cotta
Tourist

Bed & Breakfasts

Postby Cotta » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Hola,

Does anybody on here know of any restrictions to opening a private house as a bed and breakfast in Alhaurín el Grande?

ValL
Resident

Re: Bed & Breakfasts

Postby ValL » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

Don't quote me but I think Bed and breakfasts are called Casa Rural in Spain, if they are then there is a procedure to follow including application for a license to the Ayuntamiento and certain things have to be in place. Possibly adhered to differently in many regions of Spain depending on the local interpretation. There will be costs attached to it as well.

Most likely you would be classed as self employed so would need to have your own health insurance and maybe be paying autonomo and have to declare your earnings.

Cotta
Tourist

Postby Cotta » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks for your reply Vail.

Does any body know of any opening restrictions within the town boundaries of Alhaurín el Grande? I have been told that it is much more complicated then opening a bed and breakfast in the campo.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Your best bet is to speak to the Town Hall - they're the ones who give the licence (I think), so they should know what's allowed & what's needed
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Cotta
Tourist

Postby Cotta » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

I have not yet moved out to Andalucía, I will have to go to the ayuntamiento on my next visit.

Thank you for your reply chrissiehope.