Dancing classes for my daughter

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Aadam
Tourist

Dancing classes for my daughter

Postby Aadam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am

Hello Andalucia,

Me and my family are thinking of making a move to Andalucia Spain. We have had the idea of moving for a long time and finally, the opportunity has risen. I work online and my wife is a fashion designer by trade and might be opening up a shop that sells beautiful fashionable clothing, for example some of the clothes you will find here: https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/tie-dye-jeans-cheap. Anyway, I am here more for my daughter, she is 14 years of age and loves all types of dance, from the tango to street dancing, it truly is her passion. Making a big move like this it's only fair that I take everyone into consideration to make sure we are all going to be happy in our new life. So, what kind of dance classes can you find in Andalucia and does anyone have any experience/recommendations?

I believe that my daughter will do well in dance so I would love for her to keep up her hobby to see where it takes her in the future. I am really looking forward to some replies guys and so is my daughter!

Thanks guys
Last edited by Aadam on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stevemul
Resident

Re: Dancing classes for my daughter

Postby Stevemul » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 pm

I never thought I'd hear myself say this but my wife and I have got into dancing recently!
My wife goes to Flamenco dance lessons in Nerja run by a Spanish/Swiss lady called Michelle Nascimento ( Try Facebook page). She also does ballet lessons.
We have both started Jive lessons on a Tuesday in Torrox Costa but I'm not sure of the teacher's details. I can ask tonight if it may help. She may know of other dance schools in the area. Where do you plan to come to live?

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:51 pm

I hate to be a killjoy, but surely your daughters education is more important at this stage in her life. Her passion for dance can be fulfilled almost anywhere but her education sets her up for the rest of her life. Complete education then dance to your hearts content. Just my humble thoughts.
Gerry

Aadam
Tourist

Postby Aadam » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:04 am

My daughter will be attending school without a doubt, my wife takes care of all that side of things so I don't get it wrong :wink:

But this is great news and my daughter will be more than pleased! I will have a look at Michelle Nascimento Facebook and get back to you after. Thanks for the replies guys.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:53 am

Adam,
The link to our Jive dance class on a Tuesday is here:

http://www.thedirectoryaxarquia.es/site ... e-dancing/

Good luck!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello and Welcome,
Your Daughter won't have any problem finding dance classes here in Spain ,during my time in Spain I've witnessed so many styles and types of dance tuition on offer, obviously depends where you live but plenty of Flamenco variations , Latin to even Scottish dancing !
Dancing is a great way for all ages to have fun, make friends,and gain confidence, but as for making a career from it , well that is quite a difficult route to follow, but as for character building it's great and she could find that it helps her in many other occupations.
Good Luck !
Regards,
Gordon

Aadam
Tourist

Postby Aadam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:33 am

Stevemul wrote:Adam,
The link to our Jive dance class on a Tuesday is here:

http://www.thedirectoryaxarquia.es/site ... e-dancing/

Good luck!
I'm going to have a look through this site now and see what's on offer. There are 2-3 different places that we might be moving to, so we arn't sure on location but over the mood there is a lot of dance opportunities!!