Thinking of buying a property

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Sugarkane74

Thinking of buying a property

Postby Sugarkane74 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi

My husband and I are thinking of buying a property in Alhaurin El Grande and we just wanted some pointers on the area in particular are there any areas to avoid to buy a property. We have 2 children, 7 and 5 so needs to be quite safe with plenty to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Flexo
Resident

Re: Thinking of buying a property

Postby Flexo » Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Not exactly Alhaurin El Grande but I have heard that anything close to the river in the area around Cartama is questionable in terms of legality.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Alhaurin El Grande is a working town. Plenty to do and I guess there are schools etc in that area. How good the schools are I don’t know. I have always found the area a bit clicky but saying that I haven’t been there for a few years. It is quite cosmopolitan but if it was me I would rent for 6 months before I bought. I think there are better places to buy.

Sugarkane74

Postby Sugarkane74 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Sugarkane74 wrote:Hi
Sorry should say we are looking to buy a holiday home to use for several weeks a year. It's around the area of Calle Cuestra Marzo.

My husband and I are thinking of buying a property in Alhaurin El Grande and we just wanted some pointers on the area in particular are there any areas to avoid to buy a property. We have 2 children, 7 and 5 so needs to be quite safe with plenty to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you