Registering residence locally

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Registering residence locally

Postby Nicknjh23 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:52 am

Ok. Just last week we got our residency at Tiree de Mar police station. If you own a house you will need. Nota Simple and proof of medical insurance. That is a certificate stating your insured and it had no co pay. Also your NIE and a copy of the padron entry not more than three months old. That’s what she took from my partner. For me. I needed copy of padron entry. NIE. Insurance certificate, certificate from bank that the account had been opened for six months(I had to run to the bank and get it changed as the one I had was only five months. Very nice patient lady at the police station) and that I had a regular income of more than €500 a month, twenty minutes and it was all done. We paid an Abagado who paid the fee In advance and made the appointment on line for us. She however turned up late and we were half way through the process when she arrived. If you don’t speak the language then make sure you have some one with you that does and be nice it goes a long way. It cost us €90 each and I’m glad it’s done. If I had to do it again I wouldn’t pay an Abagado as I’m lucky enough that my partner is fluent in Spanish. Of Torre de Mar police station is now appointments only for residency aplications. So in summary. It’s not that bad just make sure you have all the necessary paperwork.
If you rent you will need

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:46 am

Ouch €90 each. Use a gestor for anything else. Far cheaper. Alot of money to pay for someone to make and online appointment for you and not much else.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:37 pm

No need to have a gester, we did our Residencia earlier this year. Our Spanish is very, very limited, even more so then. As long as you make sure you have all the required paperwork you require, (make sure you have original plus copy), including the Tasa form, (which you need to get stamped at the bank, when you pay the fee).
When we did ours at Torre del Mar Police Station, you got there about 30 minutes before they opened and waited in queue, then they gave tickets to first 50, which is why you needed to be early.
Sounds like they have now changed the system to book the appointment on-line.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Agree with gerry you dont need to speak any spanish bar hola a smile and gracias. We did ours within a couple of days of arrival aslong as you have all the forms and docs they know what you are wanting. Just make sure you have copies of everything.but if you need to use someone for future things imo you dont need a lawyer a gestor is fine and alot cheaper

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 pm

I agree. You only need a lawyer if you have been arrested, want a divorce or you want to buy a property that shouldn’t be there. For everything else, a Gestor will do it at a quarter of the price!

The problem is that in the UK they have solicitors who do a very good job at a sensible fee. If you want a real lawyer to represent you in court you you are looking at a huge hourly rate.

In Spain the concept of a solicitor doesn’t really exist. The gestors take their place and an Abogado is equivalent to a barrister.

I have saved literally thousands of Euros using a Gestor and I am always embarrassed when I see their bill compared to what they have achieved. They often have fast track access to the various departments that you need to deal with, Catastral, Town Hall, tax, residencia etc. In term of avoiding hassle, and there can be plenty of that, they are your best friend!

To be fair, we have used them for major issues, like building a house etc but things like residencia and registering for health cover are now pretty straightforward. Things have improved enormously in the last 20 years.

Sid

Sid