Cheapest area to rent east of Malaga

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Manchesteral
Resident

Cheapest area to rent east of Malaga

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:39 am

Hi all, as some of you may know I have a long term rental in Gran Canaria but I'm doing some research for my son.

He's considering renting, long term, a small apartment on the costa del sol for long weekends/ holidays etc.

He doesn't want to be anywhere west of Malaga but has heard that east of Malaga Rincon etc may be cheaper, he's not interested in inland areas but would like to be somewhere within a few kilometres of the coast.

Anyone here have any views, opinions, advice ?

His budget would be €500.00 per month preferably including electricity and water etc, thanks in advance, Al !

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cheapest area to rent east of Malaga

Postby costakid » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:12 am

You may struggle for your budget on the coast. Things have picked up recently but if he went a couple of miles inland it would be doable. Walking distance to the beach will be 650 plus

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am

Why would you rent longterm just to use for holidays.isnt it a waste of money. Re rent i doubt you will get anything including bills for 500. Without bills you might.maybe in the areas west or around algarrobo costa. Maybe el morche etc.the less touristy areas

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:34 am

It's a bolt hole basically, we have discussed other possibilities including me purchasing a place and him paying the mortgage, I don't want to do that so this seems to be the simplest arrangement, regarding my previous post we might stretch to €600.00 pm !

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:23 am

You can get long term rentals in Torrox Costa for about 450 euros for a two bed and in some cases cheaper.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Velez Malaga might suit. Quite a lot of rentals. 25mins by bus to Torre del Mar. Worh a look.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Agreed, but you have to be careful with certain areas of Velez, bottom end of town as there are some old apartments where the rent is cheap, I think they even sell for 35k ish and apparently some of the neighbours leave a lot to be desired. :wink:
I So Bella tis you

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Agree there Paul in Malaga. Still quite a lot of good rentals down in the flatter area of town. But I have noticed that the prices are going up now so dont leave it too long.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks to all, we're still mulling it over.