Residence Registration No Healthcare

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Residence Registration No Healthcare

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm

So it looks like I did AXA a dis-service

There is a limit...but only for things not pre-approved or not treated at their approved doctors/hospitals and also a small list of things (mental health etc.)

No limit for everything else

So in short as long as you get pre-approved and have treatment in their approved places then you can get as sick as you want without a thing to worry about (apart from your health).

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Residence Registration No Healthcare

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:50 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote:Previously to register without a job or pension you needed to provide proof of private healthcare.

I understand that the law was changed and healthcare is no longer required but has it been implemented on the ground? i.e. are you no longer required to produce private healthcare documents when you go to register as a resident?

I also understand that means anybody who is resident in Spain (even if not a pensioner or paying social security) is eligible to use the health service. If my understanding is correct, does anyone have any idea how I register to use the health service, and the apply to get a Spanish EHIC (TSE)?
See my reply on the Travel insurance thread.