Moving to Andalucia

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:54 pm

dude, u just became my hero :D hahahah

(wonder how long it´ll stay on here before one of the mods wakes up?)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

madmads
Tourist

Postby madmads » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:07 am

plenty of airports? where ? seville, granada and...erm.. thats it, and there are no cheap flights to these airports from london, are there ? ...

I think a 1 penny flight with Ryanair from Granada to Stansted booked for December is fairly cheap, dont you?

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:43 am

Deliberate nasty postings again :shock: :shock:
It's a shame for the decent people on here that someone's trying desperatly to destroy this forum!!!

amheuwr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Quite funny

Postby amheuwr » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:54 am

I have been ROFL as I read this thread. Very funny, but at the same time some pretty sound advice from many involved.
Spanish, your comment about the wheel chair bound person was not very PC, but hilarious.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:40 am

Lorraine
Deliberate nasty postings again Shocked Shocked
It's a shame for the decent people on here that someone's trying desperately to destroy this forum!!!
I do so agree with you.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:10 am

Spanish Lad
There is a public loo in the covered market in Casariche - and just for the record, we have never had a problem popping into a bar or hotel to use their loos without having to buy anything- we just ask and it's usually OK. Also most of the supermarkets have loos.

Rossini

Inland

Postby Rossini » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:55 am

SPANISH LAD
thats handy, i´m glad for you, where do you live? i bet its no more than 20 minutes inland. i´m talking about "properly" inland, an hour or more. not just somewhere that you cant see the beach.

We live more than 1 hr 20 mins inland.

SPANISH LAD
and how much was the tax? i dont believe that you have booked flights with a TOTAL cost of 1cent. you are lying.

We had to pay tax but return flights for three were less than 120 euros.

SPANISH LAD
oh right, you have a wheelchair? you wheel yourself up and down cobbled streets? thats fantastic, your arms must be as thick as tree trunks my mum has a disability too, she is not in a wheelchair, and doesn´t have a problem living here.

Not that my disability is any of your business but I am on crutches everyone has their own limitations and I suit my life to mine. I find your comment degrading.

SPANISH LAD
and what does your husband do, prey tell.. it seems that we are in the wrong jobs then...that or there is a high demand for the type of work your husband does...or he doesn´t do much each day so always seems to have lots to do...

He has his own electric business plus other intrests not that I have to explain ourselves to you.

I do not wish to enter into any on line slanging match but I refuse to be put down by someone without having the opportunity to stand up for myself.

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 pm

spanish_lad wrote:have you got kids ? dont move inland.

have you got a pension? dont move inland if u dont.

have you got relatives visiting frequently? dont move inland.

can you drive ? if not, dont move inland.

have you got disabled relatives ? if so, dont move inland.

do you speak perfect spanish? if not, dont move inland...

anything else u wanna know ?

My Children are 27 and 30 years old and capable of looking after themselves.

My pension will be active in 10 years by which time it will be substantial, very.

I actively discourage vistors to the point of downright rudeness.

I have driven many times for long distances in Spain and will be buying a fourwheel drive vehicle as soon as I move there.

See the point before the previous one.

What do my languages skills have to do with it, I'm planning to spend a few weeks at a time there, not open a language school.

To make things a little clearer I am not planning to live there permanently and sell time share, I have a home in England, but I need to have a place in Spain for several reasons, the most important one being it's location in Europe, I'ts basically a holiday/ corporate entertainment home,
now do you have any information regarding Casares and Ronda or don't you?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:46 pm

jane grant wrote:Spanish Lad
There is a public loo in the covered market in Casariche - and just for the record, we have never had a problem popping into a bar or hotel to use their loos without having to buy anything- we just ask and it's usually OK. Also most of the supermarkets have loos.
oh i thought u meant ACTUAL public toilets, not bar / hotel ones :) where abouts is the covered market?
Rossini wrote:We had to pay tax but return flights for three were less than 120 euros.
ah. 60€ each return from spain to the uk is still pretty cheap isn´t it, thats handy to know. thanks.
Rossini wrote:Not that my disability is any of your business but I am on crutches everyone has their own limitations and I suit my life to mine. I find your comment degrading.
i agree, your disability is actually none of my business, thats not really what we were "discussing" anyways. (i use the term loosly, its more me being shouted at for expressing a view). we were "discussing" the fact that you never see people in wheelchairs in "inland villages with cobbled / and or steep streets, do you?
Rossini wrote:He has his own electric business plus other intrests not that I have to explain ourselves to you.
no you dont have to explain yourself to me, it was just a question. i bet you answered the "what do you do for a living in spain" thread without questioning their motives or being so hostile towards the thread poster?
Rossini wrote:I do not wish to enter into any on line slanging match but I refuse to be put down by someone without having the opportunity to stand up for myself.
i am not putting anyone down, just expressing an opinion and disagreeing with some of what people say? :? i dont want to get into anything online either, i never say anything online that i wouldn´t say to anyone face to face in a bar over a beer :)
amheuwr wrote: I have been ROFL as I read this thread. Very funny, but at the same time some pretty sound advice from many involved.
Spanish, your comment about the wheel chair bound person was not very PC, but hilarious
would you include me in the givers of sound advice? i´m glad that you can see the funny side to this thread, its gone for serious to ridiculus in places :D
Lorraine-Mijas wrote:Deliberate nasty postings again :Shocked::Shocked:
It's a shame for the decent people on here that someone's trying desperatly to destroy this forum!!!
this makes me wonder if you are taking me seriously and heeding advice from someone who has been in the situation...or if you are having a go at me without saying my name... hmmm :confused: are the decent people the ones that never post ? this forum may survive, but it will go back to being the boring mundane place it was before we started getting threads like this crop up :)

the object of this thread is not to take the p*ss, is not to have a sl*gging match, it is to inform and discuss the pitfalls of moving inland. why does everyone feel the need to defend their comments to the death, even when.. in the end, it really doesn´t matter a whole lot? where people move to will always be the choise of the buyer. we can not tell them where to move to, or indeed where not to move to. the only thing we can do however, is offer advice and ideas, based on our personal experiences.

luffes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby luffes » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:49 pm

spanish_lad wrote:
Rossini wrote:We had to pay tax but return flights for three were less than 120 euros.
ah. 60€ each return from spain to the uk is still pretty cheap isn´t it, thats handy to know. thanks.
I make that €40 each :shock:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Midnight Rambler wrote:
spanish_lad wrote:have you got kids ? dont move inland.

have you got a pension? dont move inland if u dont.

have you got relatives visiting frequently? dont move inland.

can you drive ? if not, dont move inland.

have you got disabled relatives ? if so, dont move inland.

do you speak perfect spanish? if not, dont move inland...

anything else u wanna know ?

My Children are 27 and 30 years old and capable of looking after themselves.

My pension will be active in 10 years by which time it will be substantial, very.

I actively discourage vistors to the point of downright rudeness.

I have driven many times for long distances in Spain and will be buying a fourwheel drive vehicle as soon as I move there.

See the point before the previous one.

What do my languages skills have to do with it, I'm planning to spend a few weeks at a time there, not open a language school.

To make things a little clearer I am not planning to live there permanently and sell time share, I have a home in England, but I need to have a place in Spain for several reasons, the most important one being it's location in Europe, I'ts basically a holiday/ corporate entertainment home,
now do you have any information regarding Casares and Ronda or don't you?

oh right, so you are not "moving inland in the near future" like you said? which makes this whole thread pretty much pointless? language skills, if you are living in a foreign country are probably the MOST IMPORTANT thing you need to have.

do you think that everyone who lives in spain sells timeshare ?

what information are you looking for about ronda and casares? i could furnish you with statisics, pictures, even houses for sale.

i hope you point your question at the whole forum, and not just at me, i answered the question that you posted in the first place. dont get in a stress with me / us because you failed to explain yourself.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:44 pm

Dont waste your time here Lad, you have unwittingly strayed into the Happy Land Old Peoples Home of Andalucia, and all the residents are on medication. Its only natural that they should see things differently to you. Forgive them, they were young once remember!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:04 pm

I guess it isn't just at midnight you ramble, at least one of your ramblings was posted at just after 8.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:05 pm

is it cruzcampo time yet kevin? ;)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:13 pm

luffes wrote:
spanish_lad wrote:
I make that €40 each :shock:
oops, yeah they said for three flights, i was reading too quickly. 40 euros each is pretty good, only slightly more than flying with easyjet, i flew for 18 euros return last time i went.

Midnight Rambler

Ronda Casares

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:20 pm

Spanish-lad, but you didn't answer my question in the first place, what you did was give me a load of negative advice probably based on your own bad experiences, I asked for comments regarding two specific areas, not for reasons where and why I shouldn't move, if you don't understand the question it's okay maybe someone else can help!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:21 pm

i flew for 18 euros return last time i went
Was that before taxes or including taxes? I have had a few £9 flights but there is normally about £40+ added in taxes.

spanish hopes

Re: Ronda Casares

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Midnight Rambler wrote:Spanish-lad, but you didn't answer my question in the first place, what you did was give me a load of negative advice probably based on your own bad experiences, I asked for comments regarding two specific areas, not for reasons where and why I shouldn't move, if you don't understand the question it's okay maybe someone else can help!
We are into the second page of replies and no-one has answered your initial questions yet, perhaps your attitude may be discouraging a helpful response.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:34 pm

spanish hopes wrote:
i flew for 18 euros return last time i went
Was that before taxes or including taxes? I have had a few £9 flights but there is normally about £40+ added in taxes.
including taxes, i booked in advance.

andalucia.com (this website) has alot of information about many towns, ronda and casares included i would imagine. if you want more "whats it like to live there" opinions, the only people who could ofer any advice are the people that actually DO live there. i wouldn´t of thought that many people who frequent these boards reside in those towns, but i may be wrong. i have heard that Ronda is nice to visit, but not many people would want to stay there? although reading the andalucia.com pages about it, that sounds rather contridictary - it looks like a big town with lots to do? i cant say, personally, as i have never been there.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:39 pm

is it cruzcampo time yet kevin?
Course it is Lad! Were living the dream after all. Another beer wont kill you. If the liver packs up, ill come out to Spain on Easyjet and get my op done over there. I hear the hospitals are a lot cleaner and the doctors speak better English.