Moving to Andalucia

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Midnight Rambler

Moving to Andalucia

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:45 pm

I'm relocating to Southern Spain in the near future and am currently looking for property there, does anyone have any first hand experience, of living there (as opposed to visits there) I'm also interested in Casares, I'd be grateful for any feedback!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:31 pm

Either your relocating to Southern Spain as in this post or your only planning to use it for a few weeks as in your other post !!!
Which??? Maybe the sun in the Grand Caymen has made you confused!!

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Either your relocating to Southern Spain as in this post or your only planning to use it for a few weeks as in your other post !!!
Which??? Maybe the sun in the Grand Caymen has made you confused!!
Perhaps you misunderstood, to clear things up: I wish to buy a house in Southern Spain, which I may use for several weeks in every months , on the other hand I may use it only for holidays or perhaps I may decide to live there on a permanent basis, but it's not your business, and why should you care, I'm asking for opinions on Casares and Ronda not my lifestyle, do you have any first hand information or not.
Finally, not that it's any of your business but I posted my current address as being Grand Cayman because I happen to be working here currently, as I said not that it's your business, one thing for sure , just to reassure you, I'm not thinking of moving to Mijas!

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:21 am

[quote="Midnight Rambler
I fear Ive 'stumbled on a hidden enclave here, I've posted two or three innocent questions here and been met with nothing but negative vibes and a wall of hostility, except for one person, thanks for the pm by the way, now I know what Lorraines problem is, but seriously is there something I should know about this site?[/quote]

Personally, if I'm allowed to say this.....I have found the people on this site more than helpful on many subjects & opinions plus because we live in Spain - We're all chilled out! I think by your defensiveness & declaring that "it's none of our business" is not the best of way of getting people to help. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't mean you'll agree with it or even like it. This in my opinion is a community forum which people will give their views, offer advice & point out possible negatives for you to think about.......after all some of us do in fact live here & have first hand experiences of lifestyles in Spain, working in Spain, places...........
I personally think Ronda is a lovely place to visit for a day, I wouldn't chose to buy a property there because I prefer the coast. Casares is classic white Spanish Village in my opinion, again I loved visiting the place but I wouldn't chose to live there but I have Spanish friends who do & would never want to leave.
If you were to perhaps list the things that are important to you regarding location (as I did on a recent thread) I think you'll find the responses more welcoming. Where ever you fancy living; it's none of our business why but if you ask for opinions I think you'll find people asking questions to find out what is important to you to give you the best response!!!

In my opinion your personal opinions on others should be kept to yourself & even though I don't know Lorraine but she has helped me out on a few posts & I thank her for that!!!!!

Good luck with your search, why not put these places into a search engine & see what you get.

Susan2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susan2 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:44 pm

I agree with PT - the board isn't normally so hostile and people have posted invaluable advice in the past. The original question posted by MR seemed to generate silly in-fighting rather than constructive opinion (through no fault of his own); perhaps that's why the question was asked twice.