moving to spain

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

moving to spain

Postby asiwalkedout » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:08 pm

I'm thinking of moving to Andalucia in the next year. I am under no illusion about the reality of life there but want to try something new and be close to my family who all live there. My biggest concern however is my 18 year old daughter, I think she will have more opportunities in London and am trying to persuade her to stay here at least for a few years until she really knows what she wants to do. Although perhaps my reasons are selfish as I don't necessarily want to be lumbered with an adult child living with me well into her 20s, although I love her dearly. She has a wide group of really close friends in London and an extended family on her father's side so she would not be on her own.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:42 pm

oh!! go on then... she can come and live with me in Marbella.

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:50 pm

well bakerboy thanks for the offer - I'll pass it on to her, she may or may not take it up, probably depending on how 'buff' you are, your spell inside will probably win you 'ghetto' credibility points

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:31 pm

My friends daughter gave up a good job in London to live here with her parents. She has spent the last two years here bumming around going from one dead end job to another and sponging off her parents. they live 30 kilometros inland and they worry all the time when she is out until the early hours coming up the mountain roads. She has a Spanish boyfriend now and they both use my friends car and boat so now she has two spongers.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:30 pm

exactly, and thats another reason i dont like it here :( bumming about is not my idea of a career :(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:27 pm

Katy - that's my fear - I don't think it would be good for her or me - Spanish Lad - it's still not too late to have a meaningful career - you're only 23! what is it that you want to do?