LOG HOMES

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
littledragon
Tourist

LOG HOMES

Postby littledragon » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Just wanted to warn people about a company out there which is proporting to sell log homes. They come under several guises, The Log Home Company, International Applied Networks and there are more. The prime mover is a man called Ian Sayward but he has several sons so be wary of anyone by that name. We have dealt with him in uk and he owes us nearly £10,000 despite several CCJ's he still seems to be able to operate. - one couple I found out about have given him £36,000 for a log home in Spain and had nothing. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has had dealings with this man as we are all trying to get together to do something about him.

littledragon
Tourist

Postby littledragon » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Thank you everyone for looking - please reply with any information. A consumer programme in England is currently researching this guy - any help would be gratefully received.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks for the warning...not many would go for a log cabin here now days.....wooden home were popular for a while, when no license was required.. it was an incentive to buy and move in quick...
Hope you get back your investment
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

littledragon
Tourist

Postby littledragon » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:57 am

Thanks Silver for your good wishes. See on his website www.theloghome-company.co.uk - he is still building in Spain. Be warned.

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:50 am

Watched one of those living in Spain / selling your home programs that their seem to be so many of these days.

This poor couple built a log cabin / house [supposedly no license needed] as a guest accommodation and a fantastic pool.

When they come to sell it none of the estate agents would touch it as the cabin and pool were not on the plans or registered. Both had been built by Spanish companies but neither had applied for the planning licenses.

The guy was spitting that the Spanish would not give retrospective planning. But as the commentator said 'You would not get away with it in England either'.
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:54 am

Has anyone noticed the Log cabin being built on the access road to Granada Airport, just before the Crown car depot?

It looks like it's going to be a sales showroom for these log cabins.
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

littledragon
Tourist

Postby littledragon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:31 pm

well if anyone has any specific info on the guy - also known as International Applied Networks - designer-log-homes - would be grateful to hear from you.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 pm

He's listed on Friends Reunited and his profile is:

"I got married in 1970 To Patricia and we have 7 sons, Michael 1971, Daniel 1972, Jamie 1975, Barry, 1978, Adam 1983, Ian 1988, Craig 1989.
We live in Nerja Spain where we have a company constructing Timber frame and Log Homes. We still have a home in the Maldon Area."

You may have already seen this and I'm not sure if it will help you at all.

Good luck!
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

littledragon
Tourist

Postby littledragon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:20 pm

Shukran

Don't know where to look on Friends Reunited website. Interested in anyone in the area in Spain where he says he lives if they know anything about them. Do they live in Spain full time? Thanks for your help

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:37 pm

Just go into the website - www.friendsreunited.co.uk - and near the top you can do a name search. Put in his name and you will find that he's entered twice. Click on the first one and then on the full profile. He became a member in 03/04 and hasn't updated his records since so don't know if anything has changed since then.

The profile showed that then he lived in Nerja but retained a place in the Maldon area.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:29 pm

He's listed on 192.com in Maldon but to get further information you have to pay a fee.

There are about 6 Saywards on ukphonebook.com with addresses shown - free to register with 5 searches per day - but not sure if any of them are the right ones.

Try also infobel.com - they have a number of them but again may not be the right ones - all with addresses.

littledragon
Tourist

Postby littledragon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:27 am

Mr Sayward and the Log Home Company have now been exposed on Watchdog - hopefully now the Fraud Squad in England will be a bit more interested

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:14 am

after all this..

The simple answer is, don't be a blockhead and don't buy a log home fron anybody.

anyroads.

mick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mick » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am

From BBC TV "Watchdog Program" dated 13th Feb 2007 1900hrs

The Log Home Company
Some customers who paid money upfront for a dream home have been left devastated and penniless.

13 February 2007
Ian Sayward runs a number of companies in the UK and Europe that offer to build your dream log home. He takes money from customers upfront, but doesn't always get round to building the cabins.

Paul Irvine met Sayward back in 2001 and was offered an attractive business opportunity selling his cabins in Portugal. As part of the deal, Sayward promised Irvine and his wife their own cabin to live in, and a show home so they could sell the cabins to potential buyers. The Irvines handed over £9,000. But after seven months in Portugal there was no sign of either cabin. They were forced to find other ways to stay in the country, and eventually had to return to the UK.

Pat Gibbons, who suffers from arthritis, thought the Spanish sunshine would do wonders for her health. Sayward had set up in Spain and was planning a development of log homes near Malaga. Gibbons and her husband went out there to take a look.

After an impressive sales pitch from Sayward, they sold up, paid him almost £37,000, and left for a new life in Spain. When they arrived there were no cabins in sight. Sayward tried to reassure the Gibbons with a string of excuses, but the log homes never appeared and Sayward was accused of real estate fraud in the Spanish newspapers. Gibbons and her husband were devastated and, penniless, forced to head back to the UK.

David White wanted to move his mother-in-law to the family farm in Suffolk and thought a log home would be the perfect solution. So he approached Sayward in January 2006. At their first meeting, White handed over the deposit and was promised his home would be completed within three months. A year on, after handing over nearly £42,000, Sayward had only built the skeleton of White's log home - and that blew down in January 2007. Now all he has to show for his money is the concrete foundations.

Sayward has told us he accepts he owes money, although he disputes exactly how much. He's told us that when his finances improve he will pay it back. As for David White, Sayward says he can either complete the contract for White or sell it on and reimburse the balance, minus the cost of the work he's done.

Kalevela

Postby Kalevela » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Shukran wrote:He's listed on 192.com in Maldon but to get further information you have to pay a fee.

There are about 6 Saywards on ukphonebook.com with addresses shown - free to register with 5 searches per day - but not sure if any of them are the right ones.

Try also infobel.com - they have a number of them but again may not be the right ones - all with addresses.
You could also try www.whois.net.

mick
Andalucia.com Amigo

log cabins

Postby mick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 pm

soppytart2day

sorry to intrude in your conversation

Postby soppytart2day » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:38 am

Hi, am new to this forum but am fascinated at both how friendly and helpful everyone is to each other. Nice that.

My fella and I spend time in Spain on holidays and last year we were looking around for a holiday home and noticed, in the local free papers, a company advertising log-homes for sale. Though we had no intention of buying a wooden hut, we thought we'd take a look because it was a short drive from our holiday accommodation in Villamartin. We phoned the bloke and said we'd be there in 15 minutes (needed to find where it was, you see!) and eventually found the place which was actually just off a busy roundabout and through the entrance gates to the town's CAMPING SITE!!!

As we drove in we noticed a small handful of largish garden sheds down one side of the yard - the campsite proper was further down this yard and you turned right into it.

The sheds were open and set up inside as 1) an office 2) a holiday cabin but there was nobody about. Then we spotted an old fella sat sitting in a sunchair outside one of the sheds so we asked him where the 'agent' was!

"Oh!" he said "that'll be my son, he was here a minute ago! Can I help you?" He was then joined by a woman with young children who, he said, was his daughter in law. Anyway, we explained that we'd come to see their advertised 'log-cabin homes' and were gobsmacked when he showed us the two sheds we'd just looked in!? :shock:

"No! Not garden sheds! We explained to your son that we wanted to look around the 'log-cabin homes' you've advertised in the local paper!"

After scratching his chin and mumbling something to the woman he then said these were the only log-homes they did and he'd try to locate his son!

My fell told him "forget it mate, we thought we were coming to see proper homes not garden sheds with fancy names!" and we left!

This place is near Torreveija and just off the roundabout where you turn off down to Punta Prima, if that helps. It's the only caravan/camping site there so should be easy to locate.

If this is NOT the same bloke then I do apologise for sticking my beak in.

Regards

Bert Selby
Tourist

Postby Bert Selby » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:37 am

From Costa del Sol News
http://www.andalucia.com/news/cdsn/25-05-05.htm

Briton denies real-estate fraud

By Oliver McIntyre

A British man arrested by National Police in Málaga for alleged real-estate fraud denies that he committed any crime and insists that his failure to make good on his log-home sales was due to circumstances out of his control.
National Police in Málaga arrested 55-year-old Ian J.S. for allegedly selling homes in a non-existent development in Cártama called Parque Paraíso. Licensing applications for developing the site had been submitted by a separate company but were not yet approved, and were not likely to be, according to the police. They told reporters of one British client who paid an 11,700-euro deposit for a wood home that never got built, and indicated that Ian J.S. may have defrauded as much as 300,000 euros by selling the log homes over the Web site www.designer-log-homes.co.uk, under the name of his company Applied Networks.

Ian J.S. told Costa del Sol News that he did not defraud any clients. Only two customers had paid him deposits for homes at the Parque Paraíso site, and both were refunded their money when he realised he was not going to be able to build the homes, he said. The situation stemmed from a deal he had made with the company that filed the licensing application for the development, which was to allow him to sell and build wood homes for the site, he said. But once he’d sold and started work on the first couple of houses, he realised the project was faltering and he was not going be able to continue building, he told CDSN. He indicated there was a falling out with the other company, the owners of which filed a police complaint against him.

Ian J.S. confirmed to CDSN that he was arrested, but noted that he had been immediately released and not formally charged with anything. He has now hired a solicitor in order to continue with the legal process. The Spanish police told reporters that Ian J.S. had a previous record in the UK, with 14 arrests for fraud and four for robbery. He flatly denied that to CDSN, saying he has never been arrested for robbery and his only previous arrest was in the early 1980s in connection with a company he owned that went out of business.

Bugsyros

Re: LOG HOMES

Postby Bugsyros » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello.... I am new to this but was stitched up by Ian Sayward to the tune fi around £50,000 about 8/9 years ago and would love to talk to someone else about it. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!!!!

I appreciate your time in reading this.

Bugsy

Scot
Resident

Re: LOG HOMES

Postby Scot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Looks like he's now in Orlando, Florida? Just key his name into your search engine and the info comes up.