Moving to Spain

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
haggislad

Moving to Spain

Postby haggislad » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:51 pm

I am moving from London to Spain before the end of March and would be very grateful if anyone could recommend a removal company to help me out. Many thanks!

johnwp
Andalucia.com Amigo

moving to spain

Postby johnwp » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:19 pm

I relocated nearly 2 years ago and used a Polish driver and his vehicle UK sites where to high, £5000 and over, I did for 1500 plus the petrol and sleep overs.

kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kelly » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:12 pm

i moved from leytonstone east london to a town just south of seville and used a company located in essex not sure if i can mention them here but total bill was £ 1500 and a piano was included in my belongings. very pleased with the service.

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:59 am

Hi
We moved earlier and did loads of research into movers. Finally went with premier movers. They were by far the least expensive and were great! There email is [email protected], and website www.premiermovers.co.uk.
Good luck

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Talk to Big Col on 958737122 I know he has a good reputation and other Andalucia.com members have used him.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:16 pm

We used Britannioa - excellent service and no breakages. Branches nationwide in UK

Len S
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving to Spain

Postby Len S » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 pm

We have used Britannia three times. They are picking up again to-morrow from UK to deliver to our property in Spain on Monday 12 March.

They have a depot in Malaga run by British staff which I have also been to. They will store in this Depot for up to , I think, 4 weeks free of charge.

A very professional company.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:27 pm

At the risk of getting Katy's knickers in a knot again (Like I care) I also concur with other posters re Big Col, he is wholly professional and a nice guy to boot. He could not move my stuff when I needed him to as he was already booked but he has since moved a nation of stuff for me, and a lot of this at no cost, so if that is my axe to grind so be it.

Lizzy465
Tourist

Postby Lizzy465 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:47 am

Would someone kindly tell me why ANYONE let alone Katy - who is Katy? should get their knickers in a knot about us expats passing on ideas, recommendations, warnings etc of tradespeople?
In my naiviety I thought that this was what one of these sites is for, do people forget what it is like to arrive here with little or no language, minimal idea of the workings of the country or in some cases/areas the bureaucracy that has to be waded through?

do the people of this site not believe that we Need a forum where we can all exchange our experiences both good and bad?
We paid an extortionate amount to have our goods shipped out to Spain then I compared it with Col's - same service - less than half price.
Please tell me why this should not be passed on to others, at the very time that expats are up their eyes in setting up costs etc , surely we can help each other out - especially when it comes to saving some cash.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:53 am

So where has katy said anything in this thread? :roll:
This is more of a Big Col advert but give katy a kicking thread than a useful one.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:54 am

Well said Lizzy

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:13 am

Lizzy,
You make a very valid observation about expecting to be able to trade information on this type of forum...most of the posts have genuine content and are trying to be helpful, but of course you have to expect others to be able to voice their opinions, good or bad, and most of it should be taken as constructive criticism, then of course there are numerous members who have no worthwhile comments to make and they are best ignored, better not to get into 'conversation' with them...

I hope anyone who needs info. or has something to offer continues to write on this well run site. :wink:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:22 am

Would someone kindly tell me why ANYONE let alone Katy - who is Katy? should get their knickers in a knot about us expats passing on ideas, recommendations, warnings etc of tradespeople?
I am sure that katy does not have a knot in her knickers..and big col seem to be a great guy...but sometime people do post a link only to advertise their own webs..(which is not the same as posting a web of public transport or others that are not a direct competition for A.com advertisers.... who's payments help keep this very informative forum on line).. and therefore.. consideration is due for those who pay to advertise.....and private messages facility can be used to give out phone numbers..webs or any information that could upset those who pay to advertise.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:27 am

I am sure that katy does not have a knot in her knickers
Indeed! Katy has made no comment in this thread and therefore did not warrent being abused. The abusers are as guilty as those thay condemn.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:32 am

katy did make one comment but that was..same guy.. another topic a long time ago.. and Troglodyfae just remembers :roll: I dont think Troglodyfae intended to offend :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:40 am

haggislad,

Now see what you have started. :shock:

Welcome to Spain when you get here.............
It is just like home dirty and full of strangers :lol: :lol:
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:41 am

All this vitriol would be assuaged if Big Col paid to have an advert on A.com - No? People could then see his services, get a quote from him and other advertisers and compare. He could put a quid on his next trip to pay for it, and who knows, the others may be forced to rethink their prices a bit?
If, on the other hand, Col is a rich philanthropist who enjoys driving to and fro and does not need to charge realistic prices, or does not have full commercial insurance, correct insurance for his wagon, or is not declaring his service as a business and paying the requisite social security and so on, then he should be left in the same category as the "man in the pub in Liverpool/Bradford/Newcastle/Slough who sells smuggled tobacco and stolen goods" - condemned by all moral and upright folk, and reported to the authorities!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:42 pm

oooooooo! Somebody has a bee in their bonnet! :shock: :wink:
Donna

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:41 pm

silver wrote:katy did make one comment but that was..same guy.. another topic a long time ago.. and Troglodyfae just remembers :roll: I dont think Troglodyfae intended to offend :)
Troglodyfae said:
At the risk of getting Katy's knickers in a knot again (Like I care)
I think she did. :roll: :roll:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Well, well :roll: I have made a comment previously on this guy advertising as I often do about anyone using the forum for personal advertising. The reason being is how can people seeking advice know if its genuine if there is a hidden gain?

Not sure why I should have been singled out here, or is it perhaps that Troglofay said in a previous post "Big Col is a mate of mine" or maybe its just to bump up the post. I notice Beachcomber gave the same sensible advice a couple of days ago and it went without comment from the fan club. :?