CHAMPAGNE LAUNCH FOR CLUB LA COSTA’S YACHT CLUB
Over 150 guests attended a champagne celebration in Puerto Banus recently, hosted by the Club La Costa Yacht Club.
The party took place on a picture perfect afternoon as guests gathered in the sunshine at a private quayside location where Club La Costa’s new luxury yacht is berthed - the first to arrive in Puerto Banus from French yacht builders Fountaine-Pajot.
VIP guests included local media and UK press, Club La Costa directors and staff and all enjoyed an afternoon of champagne, canapés and live jazz. After a welcome speech by Club La Costa Chairman Roy Peires, the highlight of the afternoon was the naming ceremony, when Peires’ daughter Romy officially christened the luxury 60-foot Eleuthera catamaran, named after her, in traditional champagne style.
“CLC Romy” will be the first of two catamarans to arrive in Spain – both yachts will be based in Palma, Mallorca throughout the 2007 yachting season, from March 17 – October 20, inclusive.
The Yacht Club is an exciting new venture for Club La Costa Resorts & Hotels who are one of Europe’s leading resort developers, with 22 fully-owned holiday resorts in Spain, Tenerife, Austria, Scotland and Cornwall. More recently, the company launched a successful property development and freehold sales division in Spain and the UK.
Commenting on plans for additional Yacht Club destinations in the future, Roy Peires said: “Obviously we’re delighted that our first season in Mallorca has already almost completely sold out. Looking ahead to next year, we plan to offer our members and yacht charter clients more destinations in some of the most stunning spots in the Mediterranean – such as Italy, the Greek islands and Turkey.”
The custom-fitted catamarans will sail around Mallorca, dropping anchor in secluded bays and picturesque beaches for lunch along the way and guests will even have time for a bit of boutique shopping and historic sightseeing in Palma during their holiday.
Club La Costa Yacht Club – www.clublacostayachtclub.com - membership is for a period of 12 years, with a choice of five membership levels, starting at £8,000 per couple. For information about membership, or to make a reservation, please call 0800 051 6346 (UK) or 952 66 99 90 (Spain) or email: email@example.com.
• A privately-run company, Club La Costa Resorts & Hotels has consistently set standards within the holiday industry over the years and was one of the original founders of the Organization for Timeshare in Europe (OTE).
• Today, Club La Costa is widely regarded as one of the top holiday ownership companies in Europe, with over 50,000 members, thanks to impeccable levels of service, innovative products, a pioneering spirit and the outstanding quality of its resorts which are recognised as the best in the business for their location, quality, style and excellent facilities.
• Roy Peires, aged 55, is Chairman and Founder of Club La Costa Resorts & Hotels. He was born in South Africa and lives in London with his wife and three children.
• Founded in 1984, and now one of the foremost resort developers in Europe, this year Club La Costa Resorts & Hotels celebrates twenty-three years in the holiday industry.
• With 22 fully owned and managed resorts in Spain, Tenerife, Austria and the UK, Club La Costa also has almost 200 affiliated resorts worldwide.
For further press information or photography, please contact:
Nan Ensor, BRIGHT Public Relations, Scotland - Tel: 0141 248 1234 firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Fiona Klonarides, PR, Club La Costa, Spain - Tel: 952 66 99 04 – PR@clublacosta.com
In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests