International tenor Stephen Lloyd-Morgan releases album

In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
andalucia
Site Admin

International tenor Stephen Lloyd-Morgan releases album

Postby andalucia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Tenor Stephen Lloyd-Morgan’s new album 'In My Father’s Footsteps' is to be released on 1st July.

The album is dedicated in memory of his Dad Bryant, who passed away 18 months ago having been diagnosed with cancer only 5 week’s previously, and its primary purpose is to aid The Cudeca Hospice in Spain www.cudeca.org and Welsh cancer charity Tenovus www.tenovus.org.uk – with 100% of sales income being donated.

The album will be released on iTunes and all leading download stores, including Amazon MP3 & Spotify. CDs are available from Amazon on Demand and a limited number are available directly from Tenovus and Cudeca shops. For further details see www.slmlive.com/album.htm

The choice of recording studios brings a personal story full circle for Steve! He recorded at the famous Pop Factory Studios in The Rhondda, South Wales. Located in Porth where he was born, it was originally the ‘Corona Pop’ factory and depot where his Dad once worked as a delivery driver.

“The treatment and care of those suffering from cancer is something that is very important to me. It is a cruel disease that rips the heart out of families, mine included. There is no discrimination; it can hit anyone and at any age. Anything that can be done by any of us to raise money to improve the odds, whether in terms of treatment or palliative care is similarly vitally important. Cudeca and Tenovus both provide a vital service to cancer sufferers on the Costa del Sol and in Wales. Tenovus gave my family an amazing amount of support while my Dad was in hospital; and this is my way of giving something back - trying to give back what I can!" – Steve

The album itself is divided into two distinct halves! One, the popular classical, musical theatre and crossover-opera that Steve is best known for, the other a mix of tracks from the 60s through to the 80s that were his Dad’s favourites and with which Steve grew up. These include covers of tracks by the likes of The Everly Brothers, Bread, Simon & Garfunkel, Don McLean and Tom Jones among others! A total of 14 tracks, in English, Spanish, Italian and Welsh!

Some of Steve’s album tracks will be premiered exclusively on italkfm Spain (www.italkfm.com) at 6pm CEST (5pm BST) on Sunday 24th June during Rosalind Scott-Gibb’s ‘In Focus’ hour-long interview programme (repeated 2pm CEST (1pm BST) Saturday 30th June).

Album Tracks – samples will be available on iTunes from 1st July or on request

Let It Be Me
Make It With You
Chasing Cars
Daniel
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Vincent
A Boy From Nowhere
Granada
Torna A Surriento
Volare
Sometimes I Dream