DEBRA CHARITY SHOPS IN NEED OF SUMMER VOLUNTEERS
The Butterfly Children Charity (DEBRA Spain) urgently needs volunteers for its charity shops for the summer.
The Butterfly Children Charity has two charity shops in Marbella which provide a regular and stable income which is essential to the support network we provide to families.
Unfortunately, during the summer season the amount of volunteers helping in the shops drops dramatically, which makes it very difficult to cover all the required opening hours.
Volunteers can do as many or as few hours as they wish. The only requirement is to commit to a certain shift. Usual tasks at the charity shops are similar to commercial boutiques: helping customers, selection of goods, ironing, organizing stock, etc
The DEBRA Charity shops offer a very friendly and international environment. Socializing as well as helping Butterfly Children becomes one same thing. For more info contact: Janie email@example.com / 644 342 466 / 952 816 434
Picture of the Jacinto Benavente shop enclosed
About DEBRA Spain:
DEBRA Spain, founded in 1993, is a non profit-making organization formed to provide support and to improve the quality of life of those affected by EB. The charity works hard to provide the following:
• Emotional and medical support to families and carers, as well as social services professionals with information and guidance.
• Fully trained nurses who travel throughout Spain visiting families in their own homes.
• Information and advice on all aspects of the disease, coordinating with doctors and health services to ensure patients receive the correct treatment.
• Support for research programmes into a possible cure.
• Media campaigns to promote awareness and raise funds through numerous events and charity shops.
• A number of yearly national meetings to bring affected people together, as well as conferences for medics and other professionals.
• A link to DEBRA in all other countries. Member of DEBRA INTERNATIONAL
• Continuous work to obtain private and public grants.
About the Butterfly Skin Condition:
EB, Epidermolysis Bullosa or Butterfly Skin, is an incurable, rare and terrible genetic condition that affects the skin. The skin becomes as delicate as a butterfly wing.
Simply touching the surface of the skin causes severe blistering and wounds that never heal. Blistering also occurs internally (in the mouth, oesophagus, intestine, airways, urinary tracts and even the inside of the eyelids) leading to further suffering and serious health problems.
EB is also becomes a disability because people suffering from this condition require intensive daily care from their relatives. They also loose the use of their hands and feet due to the extent of the blistering and the retraction of the skin in these areas. Life expectancy is unfortunately short; hence the majority of our members are children.
In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Learn more about DEBRA charity here... http://blog.andalucia.com/?p=6666
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest