Surely you can't get away with this without permission

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Surely you can't get away with this without permission

Postby elscouser » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

It says explicitly no permission needed - find it hard to believe?

https://www.milanuncios.com/piscinas/pi ... 719576.htm

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Surely you can't get away with this without permission

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:22 pm

We have a poliester pool but it sits completely on top of the ground so we didn't need permission. A friend's is partially sunk though, as in the picture, and he was also told he doesn't need permission for it. In theory it could lifted out and be taken away again, the same way as it was delivered on the back of a lorry, so whether that affects the need for permission I don't know. I suppose they argue that it is only temporary.

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks.........even if built up with bricks for example and not decking?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:59 pm

I don't know about that. Whether it doesn't matter as the pool itself is technically removable, I'm not sure. I presume that is the reason why they say it doesn't need any permission.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:08 pm

And why not? Too many people who scare others into not doing this or that while the Spanish break every rule and nothing happens when they do..Do people worry about such things in uk..i think not..

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 pm

According to an acqaintence of my who is an architect, the theory of this pool is technically legal but the execution of it is not! he says that if it sits freestanding and NOT plumbed in then it's legal, ie it can be removed in minutes, he has also said that judging by it's appearance it's probably too big to be legal!
The fact that it has been surrounded by decking suggesting that it is a permanent fixture is another thing and illegal without the correct permission!
He has said that to market and sell this product is in itself not Illegal but they should make it clear in the marketing procedure, it's basically a case of buyer beware!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 am

There doesn't seem to be any pattern in what people get away with here. I know of a couple in a block of flats that were immediately reported for starting to refurbish their apartment, whereas others on urbanisations have done complete renovations without any licence with no comebacks. I think it very much depends on who your neighbours are.

A campo house near to us had a demolition order on it and was partially demolished and the pool filled in with the rubble from the house .... it was Spanish owned and built. Its neighbouring house built to the same size and at the same time seems to have escaped (although foreign owned). Houses out in the campo here are still being built and enlarged and so I am not worrying too much about my pool. Our Spanish neighbour said we were mad to ask for permission for our cemented driveway and gates, so I think it very much depends on where you are and whether you are likely to get reported on by a neighbour as to what you can get away with.