Coating of terrace floor

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
ninamh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Coating of terrace floor

Postby ninamh » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:28 pm

Can anyone give me some advice regarding coating of terrace floors. I've got ordinary Spanish terracotta tiles, which easily get stained. I want to coat the with something to protect them. What should I use?

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Just replyed to this in 'Living in Andalusia.
Grouser

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Menape C2 is what we use. Faire d'income being a miser will tell you to use deisel but take no notice, he used it and his patio now smells like a truckstop 8) .
Yep Menape C2 or cedos as its pronounced

Kenny

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Missus has got a cat called Diesel but I don't think she uses it to clean floors with. Least I've never seen her do it.

I'd also suggest a powerful detergent/cleaner to remove existing stains before you seal them in. I've seen stains sealed in and they look naff - no ideas on brand names though.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:20 pm

Perhaps the cleaning compound they use in commercial garages to clean the floor would do it. Dip the cat in it, jam a broom handle up it's a**e, and get to it. Let me know the outcome, my terrace is also suffering and there are a couple of slow moving cats that visit the local basura. I am sure they would like to help.