water supplies /axions in the campo

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
brynandgill

water supplies /axions in the campo

Postby brynandgill » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi

We are 2 british families who want to know how to get a water supply for our houses in the Frigilian campo.

What is the average price.?

Can we buy one and share it?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 pm

You could try speaking to your neighbours about water supplies as, from my own experience, there seem to be numerous different private supplies running through the campo tracks with pipes everywhere, and others which have been taken over by Aqualia.
After 4 years of saving rain water and getting water deliveries we were told that a new piped drinking water system was being put into our area and we paid into that (1500 euros) in order to secure a connection (of which there was a limited number). But it took another 4 years before it was finished, by which time we had moved! In my current rented home we have a water action, but I think these may have been originally set up for agricultural purposes. Sometimes the person selling the building land includes some form of water supply, either by drilling a bore hole, via an action or, as we were doing, subscribing to a local piped drinking water supply. Were you told you would have a supply when you bought the house?

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:33 pm

I paid €120 for 4000 litres of spring water which was of sufficient quality to use for the depositos this year, but I also paid €80 for some brown water that I could only use for the pool which turned out to be a waste of money as I had to use so much floculant that most of it was backwashed away.

Best suggestion is to ask one of the locals as I hunted round for ages until I realised the bloke who delivers wood had a water bowser for this use.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Bryandgill if you are searching for someone to deliver water I can probably find the phone number of the man we used to use. He came from Competa to me in Torrox campo, so it's worth trying. In 2004 he was charging 90€ for a good amount of water, probably about 7000 L (it filled our 10.000L tank about 2/3rds). I expect it's much more expensive now as the price rose about 50% in a year or so due to "increased fuel costs".

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:18 pm

We had our pool filled with well water brought by tanker from Velez Malaga earlier this year. We were charged 90 euros for 10,000 litres, brought into the campo. We were told if we'd been a bit more accessilbe, it would have been 70 euros

Alison
AlisonB