Gas boiler replacement

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
sparky kev

Gas boiler replacement

Postby sparky kev » Sat May 15, 2010 9:22 am

Dont know if any one can help me, last week I went to my holiday home near Granada to find that some kind person had stolen my gas boiler. I need to replace it Does any one know of a decent place to buy a new one or supply and install. The one that i had was a powerfull one, It had know battery just seemed to start up when you turned on the tap. I have looked in the Brico depo but unable to find one alike.

Regards sparky Kev

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Gas boiler replacement

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 15, 2010 12:32 pm

if you are flying into malaga, go to aki in fuengerola, they have an 11L aquatronic (fires up under water pressure) on offer for 249€.

it even talks to you :wtf: :wtf:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Where can I buy an LPG 'System' Boiler in Malaga? (And/Or Province). Mine's just wet it's pants! :thumbdown:

sparky kev

Postby sparky kev » Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks I will try aki :thumbup:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 am

Kev

Is your boiler outside? with you saying it was nicked, not sure were you are, butLeroy Merlin also has a big choice, we changed ours from gas to electric, because I got the fear of them exploding after we had a gas leak that I didn't know about.
Enjoy the forum :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

bkeo1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bkeo1 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:56 am

Julie,

How do you find the new electrical boiler is working for you? I'm thinking of doing the same but have been warned against on a cost basis.... Are you finding it more expensive to run? Is the electrical boiler a storage unit? if so it must take up some amount of space? Approx what did it cost to replace and fit?

Sorry for all the questions but there's no other way around it!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:34 am

We change 2 boilers, we have a seperate room for visitirs too, anyway, I think they are great, I haven't really noticed any mega difference in the bills, they are easy to fit, its the lifting them, you need help to lift them onto the brackets, hubby fitted them, one is in a corner of the kitchen, behind a cuboard we had built with the new kitchen, and the other one is on the wall, but it doesn't look unsitely, the new diy store that has opened just has you take the turn off for Roquetas, is very compedative with price, but could be too far away for you, and I can't remeber its name, sorry !
The only down side is if you are not there all the time, you have to wait for the water to warm up when you first turn it on, mine both have thermastats onand only need to be set half way.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:22 pm

We have a Junkers, aka Bosch WRD-11 gas instant water heater. Worked perfectly since the day it was installed maybe 2 years ago. It provides all our hot water and a cylinder of butane lasts at least a couple of months. Our particular model has no battery either but a small generator which is activated by the water flow. This ignites the burner and poweres the temperature LCD display.

Not sure where it was purchased as it was fitted by our Manco before we moved into our home permanently.

Certainly reccommend it as a trouble free, cheap to run source of constant hot water.
Regards

Bob

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Ours were both junkers we took out, great, no problems at all, its just these explosions they frighten me, I had a leak on the gas pipe from putting stuff in and out of the cuboard, so I decided to change for that reason, the gas units were very good.