Washing Machine Trouble

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
bkeo1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Washing Machine Trouble

Postby bkeo1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:23 pm

I have a Hammerman I 5015 washing machine which was in my Apt when I bought it 2 years ago. By the look of the machine it's pretty old. The machine was working well up until today. Now it still washes (turns durning the wash) but it doesn't Spin when it comes to the end of the cycle. I have checked the filter and it's clear! Anybody got any idea's on what might be causing it??
Part 2. If I do need to buy a new machine do Spanish retailers (e.g. Carrefour or Worten) deliver (7th Floor Apt), install and take back old machines??

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Washing Machine Trouble

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:44 pm

sounds like brushes or belt. under 25€ for both, so worth a try, unless its falling to bits.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 pm

And if that doesn't work then yes, you should be able to get the replacement delivered and fitted as normal service.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Don't know about the big retailers but the smaller oned normally deliver and fit. I bought one recently from a local supplier and he reduced the price when I said I would collect and fit myself
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 am

I would guess that it may be the pump, could have got blocked, worth taking a look before you go and buy a new one !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:23 pm

This happened to me both here and in the UK. If you filter is OK, I'd put the machine on its side and check for blocked hoses. The spring clips are difficult to get off, but check each tube in turn and clean out. Although washing machines are all-singing and dancing, the signal that sets the washer to spin is a simple air pressure system. Best of luck.
Dave

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:52 pm

If the OP has checked the filter, then presumably the machine was empty, so unless he drained it himself, it must have pumped out OK. Is that the case? If it has, then blockages can be ruled out. As Mowser says, it operates on a two position pressure switch (one for wash, one for rinse) so the machine must be empty before the switch will send a signal to the timer to start the spin cycle. Pressure switches often get clogged up, you can eliminate it by removing them and simply blowing gently into them, you will hear two audible clicks if they are OK. It could also be the timer, if that's case, throw it on the tip. Could be the motor also, try moving the timer part way through the spin cycle and switch it on, see if it works. I don't know the machine, but some have a "rinse and hold" programme, ie it just keeps the clothes in water, it doesn't spin. I've seen that missed before! :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm

could we also have that in spanish as per your usual posts?