Textured Paint?

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Alan-LaCala
Resident

Textured Paint?

Postby Alan-LaCala » Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 pm

I have a textured wall (a sort of artex, rustic, stucco effect) and I am in the process of redecorating. An area of one wall had loose paint which has had to be peeled/scraped away. I do not want to remove all the paint and therefore want to put a texture on the now flat bit before painting over it.

What do I need to do this, in spanish please, and do I need any special toiols or equipment?

Thanks.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Textured Paint?

Postby Mowser » Tue May 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I've copied this (with apologies to the original poster) from another site:-
I mix my own textured paint with this formula:

1 part fine sand
1 part water
1 part white glue
2 parts craft paint

I used fine crushed coral sand from a pet store but I think it would work with any non-absorbant grit granular enough to mix. The paint I used was Delta Ceramcoat. More water or less glue and the grit flakes off. Less paint and it's more like a wash, with the grit not getting colored.

You have to keep it stirred so the grit doesn't settle to the bottom, but this gives you textured paint you can paint on with a brush or roller. It dries to a consistency like sandpaper. I've done hills, buildings, terrain boards, figure bases with it.
Dave

Martin Page
Resident

Re: Textured Paint?

Postby Martin Page » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 am

Or conversly you could use PASTA PETREA RUGOSO, You can get it in fino, medio, and grueso, You get it from any decent paint suppliers. do not get it from Leroy merlins its unbelivable expensive, 5 kg should be enough to do repairs , possibly 10 kg to completely do a 4mx4m room