Minor works application -timespan

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Minor works application -timespan

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 am

We want to put up gateposts and gates, so guess we need a minor works licence for this. How easy is the form to complete and what sort of timespan are we talking about usually for the approval to be granted as we want to get started with them asap. I realise that different areas will work at different paces, but does it usually take weeks?

I have read on previous threads about asking the local ayunatmiento architect before applying. My friend did this a couple of weeks ago here and whatever he asked about she asked why he wanted .... a wall .... a pergola .... a terrace .....etc for his house, and she seemed to indicate that nothing would get approval!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Minor works application -timespan

Postby gerryh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi
Just applied for one at Velez Malaga.
Told it would take 3 weeks.
I'll let you know if that is correct in just under two weeks time.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Here I normally give the bloke a week, Just being polite, but it's normally done in 2 days. He once did one while I waited. Unless yours are more complicated there's nothing to it. Just put in linear lengths of fencing that's going straight in ground or the same for mounted on top of blockwork or concrete, ours show the costs of all items per linear metre, m2, etc. You multiply the length x the cost & then by the tax charge rate of 4,1% ( here ) , this gives you the fee payable. They'll do all that in the office. You normally also need a plan of the property with what's going where marked on it & an overall ordnance survey view of your plot in relation to the local area. ( they'll do that for us here as well )
Todos somos Lorca.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks chaps!
Gus, we are just having two pillars built and a pair of gates hung, so we can take the builder's quote for the work with us which is presumably the basis for the fee.
I gather that the form is fairly straight forward then? It sounds like you have be very specific as to the work done?? I was wondering if we could vaguely say we were having outside reparation work done to the value of x€ to cover any other odd bits and pieces we wanted done.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 pm

The form is likely to be fairly simple but it probably depends on your local town hall.
I picked up a form from Torre del Mar, filled it in and went to see the relevant person in Torre del Mar.
As I live in Cajiz she said I'd have to go to Velez Malaga. Person there didn't want the form from Torre del Mar, had to fill in the form they gave me.
Basically my name and address, where the work was being done, brief description of the work, estimated cost of work and estimated completion date. Had to go to the bank and pay 2% of the cost and take the receipt back and hand it over with the form.
When the licence is granted have to pay another 2½%
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Wicksey wrote:Thanks chaps!
Gus, we are just having two pillars built and a pair of gates hung, so we can take the builder's quote for the work with us which is presumably the basis for the fee.
I gather that the form is fairly straight forward then? It sounds like you have be very specific as to the work done?? I was wondering if we could vaguely say we were having outside reparation work done to the value of x€ to cover any other odd bits and pieces we wanted done.
Here the fee is based on the cost of materials only . Labour does not come in to it. Don't worry about it although it's called a 'licence' it's just a way of generating income. Once you've paid , no one is interested in the slightest normally.
Todos somos Lorca.

TerryC
Resident

Postby TerryC » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:16 pm

My house was built on a flat plot that was dug out of a hillside. Because of all the rain etc the banks that were left started to break up, so I started to build a substantial retaining wall out of rocks and concrete. (I live up a mountain so there are plenty of free rocks lying about). I had a visit from the Policia Local on another matter who told me I should apply for a license for minor works. So went to the town hall in Antequera the next day. This was October 2010. A month later I received a recorded deliver letter asking for more information. I duly delivered plans and photos to the town hall the next day. It is now nearing the end of June and have heard nothing. I've been back to enquire but was only told I would hear in due course. The rain early this year washed away more of the banking, so in the end I said sod it and finished off the wall. So when you guys talk of instant, or days, or even a few weeks I'm staggered.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:57 pm

TerryC wrote:My house was built on a flat plot that was dug out of a hillside. Because of all the rain etc the banks that were left started to break up, so I started to build a substantial retaining wall out of rocks and concrete. (I live up a mountain so there are plenty of free rocks lying about). I had a visit from the Policia Local on another matter who told me I should apply for a license for minor works. So went to the town hall in Antequera the next day. This was October 2010. A month later I received a recorded deliver letter asking for more information. I duly delivered plans and photos to the town hall the next day. It is now nearing the end of June and have heard nothing. I've been back to enquire but was only told I would hear in due course. The rain early this year washed away more of the banking, so in the end I said sod it and finished off the wall. So when you guys talk of instant, or days, or even a few weeks I'm staggered.
Perhaps they think that what you are doing is major works & requires a 'projecto' ? Minor works are what the name says & should be dealt with , realistically, within a week.
Todos somos Lorca.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Just an update on my minor works licence from Velez Malaga. Told it would be about three weeks, it was one day short of four weeks.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris