Upholstery in Fuengirola - Marbella area

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Upholstery in Fuengirola - Marbella area

Postby elizabennett » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Does anyone know of a good upholstery in the Fuengirola - Marbella area? We have two lovely sofas which the previous owner of the apartment left to us. We want to keep them, but the upholstery is very faded. We got a quote from KA International in Marbella. Their fabrics are beautiful but a bit pricey.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Upholstery in Fuengirola - Marbella area

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Whatever you were quoted in Marbella expect to pay half that if you can get someone 20 minutes up the coast.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:35 pm

I got your PM, Eliza and replied. I'm not sure Stan goes as far as Marbella but no harm in giving him a call :)

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:05 pm

I can recommend someone near the airport. Michelle, who used to work for Palacio de las Telas, now has her own business, selling very well priced fabrics, and she also does upholstery. She has some examples of what she has done in the shop and it looks good. Her fabrics start at 5euros per metre. I was there earlier this week and she's got some beautiful fabrics in at the minute, and a massive selection. She's very close to the airport, on Poligono Villa Rosa, Avda Villarosa nave 5. That's more or less opposite Makro. Phone 608 052 385. I don't work for her, or have any interest in the business, but I do love her shop.
AlisonB

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Alison,Thanks for this post. I will check out Michelle the next time we are in Málaga; 5 euros per metre is a very good rate.

Espana101
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Espana101 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

I know this is an old post, but we are in Marbella and need a couple of footstools re-covering. We are looking for a recommendation for a well-priced reliable person to carry out what is a very simple job. Happy to drive up / down the coast in the range Estepona / Malaga to get the job done at a good price.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Michelle is still there.
AlisonB

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Stanley the upholsterer, works around the Nerja, Velez-Malaga areas and came to our village (Canillas de Aceituno) to give us a quote, took the chair away and brought it back. Details are phone No.690155652 and his email is total_furnishings 'at' hotmail dot com As you are willing to tavel, maybe you could meet him midway. He does a brilliant job, can recommend with confidence.