Electricity Supply

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
fincalospinos
Resident

Electricity Supply

Postby fincalospinos » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 am

I have bought an old house, on urban land, and currently in the process of reforming it. It has an electric supply, all be it old and with an old meter, and it will all have to be renewed. The electric supply is still in the name of the previous owner who is now deceased, and I have been paying the invoices since I took it over.
I undertstand that I will need to get a new Boletin, but would like the following information.

Who supplies the Boletin.
What is the process to apply for a new meter and change the supply to my name.
What is the approximate cost of this ( excluding the cost of renewing the wiring and Boletin. )
Hardworking resident !!

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Electricity Supply

Postby Free at Last » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:49 pm

My electricity contract used to be in the name of the previous owner, although the bills were changed to my name when I bought the house. After a while we got a Spanish electrician to do the work necessary for us to be able to obtain a boletin (which involved changing the cable bringing the supply into the house, installing a new earth spike, fitting a new style metal meter box, changing the box inside the house and fitting new breaker switches and rebalancing the circuits). We didn't opt to increase the potencia. After the work was done he got the boletin issued.

In order to change the contract into my name I took the boletin, together with my ID docs, into the Endesa service point office. They said a tecnico would need to come and check that everything was in order and it might take a couple of weeks. That did happen and I received a copy of the new contract, in my name, through the post. Endesa didn't mke any charge at all for doing that, although I don't know if that would be the same if you do increase the potencia (obviously, your standing charge would increase).

My actual meter wasn't changed as part of this process, although it was changed some time later as part of the rollout of smart meters.
Last edited by Free at Last on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 pm

By the way, I forgot to mention that since then I've helped two other people go through the same process (six months ago in the most recent case), and in neither case did Endesa make any charge (although again, no increase in potencia was involved).

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks Free at Last, very helpful.
Hardworking resident !!