Aluminium persianas

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Aluminium persianas

Postby Weescottie » Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi there, just wondered if anyone had had these fitted fairly recently? Any idea how much roughly for a patio door approx 180 x 210cm? Obviously I'll get a couple of quotes but if it's hugely expensive probably won't do until next year.

Tom W
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Aluminium persianas

Postby Tom W » Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi Weescottie
Seeing as no more up-to-date replies I can tell you we had some fitted 5 years ago and it was €1800 for 240 x 210. I have to say we thought they were a great benefit in that you could leave the louvres open at whatever angle and let some air flow though the open patio doors.
If you need the company's name just let me know.

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi Tom, thanks for the info....ouch a bit more expensive than I thought....tried looking for an indication of prices on line but no joy....are yours the light aluminium ones that roll up and down?.. or do you have some special heavy duty ones??

Tom W
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Tom W » Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

Sorry, have I got it wrong? What we had fitted were folding louvre doors rather than the usual roller shutters but they were certainly called persianas on the quote and the invoice. However I've just checked and the roller shutter we had fitted last summer 200 x 220 was €305 with the option of an extra €195 if we wanted it electrically operated. A bigger set, 300 x 230 was €528. They are plastic with aluminium boxes and runners as most are.
Sorry for the confusion.

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Mon May 22, 2017 10:06 am

It's probably me that has it wrong....it's the roller type we want...thought about the louvre doors but lacking space to fold them back due to air con unit in the way...thanks for the pricing update, that's definitely affordable....

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I would give some serious thought to having mosquiteras built in - unless you are keen on being invaded by mozzies after your flesh and/or flies after your bedside lamps!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Fri May 26, 2017 10:43 am

Good thinking!

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 am

Have you got a link to a website for those louvre doors. Persians aren't an option for some of my window shapes.