Builders

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Alanandjan
Tourist

Builders

Postby Alanandjan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi everyone, I am looking for a builder to complete some work on my house in Villanueva del Rosario. Preferably someone who has worked for a member of this forum. Judging by some of the comments it may be better to go with a Spanish builder. I presume that you cant promote or advertise publicly on the forum so if you can PM me.

Thanks
Alan
Last edited by Alanandjan on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Builders

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 pm

The advertising rules allow personal recommendations responding to a specific request for information.

Using a PM is perfectly acceptable but it prevents other members, who might like the information, from sharing it.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Not a particularly good idea to post your personal email address on an open forum.
Spammers and phissers have means of harvesting email addresses from open forums.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Alanandjan,

I see your location has a fair few olive plots.........

If you are going to use a Spanish Builder, first question you ask him " have you got any olives", if yes then there is a good chance he will disappear for 4 - 6 months to get them harvested.......picking season will start around end of November and could go on until April next year if the crop is reasonable.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:33 pm

I don't know if he is still working locally, as I know he went to Germany for a while, but the builder who did our reform was a German, with a Spanish workforce, and he did a very thorough job for us. He lives in Archidona, so fairly local to you - if you're interested I can send you his contact details by pm. He speaks Spanish after a fashion, and his English was improving by the day the last time we spoke (a few years back - we've sort of lost touch recently as we don't stay at our casa nowadays), but his Spanish wife speaks good, if sometimes hilarious, English !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 pm

I can recommend one that lives in Loja. Excellent quality work because he is skilled and takes a pride in a good job. Reasonable price and he works at a prodigous rate. A friend used to labour for him but couldnt keepup. Problem is that the distance might put him off. The one job he doesn't do is large areas of plastering.

cerrillo
Tourist

Postby cerrillo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi there are quite a few good builders that live and work a lot in the village. Unfortunately the one I used to build my house has now retired, but his son who is an architect lives in the village also and he could recommend which builders to use. I found it was much easier using local builders as they live here l - and word would soon get around if they were crap!

cerrillo
Tourist

Postby cerrillo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi there are quite a few good builders that live and work a lot in the village. Unfortunately the one I used to build my house has now retired, but his son who is an architect lives in the village also and he could recommend which builders to use. I found it was much easier using local builders as they live here l - and word would soon get around if they were crap!