Land co-ordinates

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
ashtondav
Resident

Land co-ordinates

Postby ashtondav » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:17 am

I have a boundary map of a parcel of land. The boundary is marked on the map by a series of coordinates that I am unfamiliar with. It seems similar to a lat and long system as there is a north/south axis and an east/west axis. The coordinates are labelled ORDENADA and ABSCISA. The former labelled with 7 digits and four decimal points, the latter with 6 digits and 4 decimal points.

Obviously with conventional lat and long coordinates I can just use my mobile phone to identify a boundary point, and bang in a stake or fence post. Does anyone know what kit I would need to identify the boundary points pinpointed by this system? Or do I need an architect. Thanks.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Land co-ordinates

Postby jhonie99 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Before GPS, they used systems that referred to X, Y and Z (altitude).

It's easily referenced. Go to the visor in SIGPAC or similar and locate your plot. It'll show the X Yand Z in conjunction with the longitude and latitude.

On paper, the boundaries can be different from real life!! A post in the ground could be different from the documented or internet. I would go with the real life boundaries.