Solar Energy

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
robertinspain
Tourist

Solar Energy

Postby robertinspain » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:11 am

Has anyone got Solar Voltaic Panels and can provide any information such as cost effectiveness and sources of supply.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Solar Energy

Postby costakid » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 am

just check before you fit because i read somewhere that there is a tax to pay now on solar panels.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 am

i cannot help but have a look at this.

viewtopic.php?t=10269

championc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby championc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 am

I'm interested in putting together a "Project", starting small and increasing later. The main issue in Andalucia is that you cannot feel back to the grid. However, Bricomart sell a Hybrid Inverter which is actually designed to provide power downstream ONLY - which therefore solves the Backfeed problem straight away - see https://www.bricomart.es/inversor-carga ... -10ah.html

The particular unit is made by Voltronic in China but appears to be extensively sold in Australia, South Africa, UK and USA - so pretty much worldwide. It's sold under about 10 different badges. Badged by Bricomart as Axpert VM 3K Plus. On eBay UK as an Iconica.

The Inverter is a large expense and should be oversized given the inability to upgrade it in stages, unlike batteries and panels, which can be added gradually.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Have a look on youtube for something like "solar powered shed".

Ive got a 250w panel, with a 10a solar charge controller, a 250ah battery.. cable etc etc..

The shed, all the powertools, lighting, garden lighting, chargers etc run from that battery. Its not cost me 500€ to set up, and i did it over time.

the panel and controller came from ebay, the battery from wallapop. the lights from aliexpress / wish / chinese shop.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

championc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby championc » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Nice simple setup.

However, in many of those videos, they have the inverted connected to the battery rather than to the "load" ports on the controller.

Am I missing something ? I know it possibly still amounts to the same thing in that, if the battery loses all power, all devices are dead

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 04, 2019 4:47 pm

championc wrote:However, in many of those videos, they have the inverted connected to the battery rather than to the "load" ports on the controller.

Am I missing something ?
Its a question of "load" i guess - the inverter, mine is 2000w - its connected directly to the battery. The 12v lighting comes off the charge controller as its only 3w / 5w / 10w etc.

I think the controller might get fried inside if you try and run 2000w through it? Its a case of electronics i suppose?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.