Garden Shed

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
Blue tone
Tourist

Garden Shed

Postby Blue tone » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:22 pm

I need get a Garden Shed for all the usual tools, kids' play things and gardening paraphenalia . Looked at some in Leroy Merlin which were v expensive,especially if you factor in delivery and setting up (around 700Euros). Any suggestions where we might buy one for about 300-400 Euros-Cadiz province ideally but cam also travel to Malaga. Thanks

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:38 pm

You could build your own for less than €100 using breeze blocks. That's what I did anyway.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:43 pm

:) Absolutely...wood shrinks down continually anyway. Much better in rendered block work with "Wrinkly Tin " roof. :lol:

Blue tone
Tourist

Postby Blue tone » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:48 am

Thanks for the advice-looks like we need to build it!

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:49 am

I'd check to see if you need a licence first, the way things stand at the moment I wouldn't take any chances.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:52 pm

the sheds are unbelievibly expensive aint they :( there was a couple in the town crier last week for under 200€ buyer collects. it'd be cheap to make it out of steel with the sheets as sides, it'd look much the same as the aki steel ones, but you really need to know how to weld :) breeze blocks or brick is probably the easiest option, but as previously mentioned, it is a structure with a roof so you'll need planning permission for it. unless you live in the back of beyond where nobody will ever see it ;)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 pm

spanish_lad wrote:unless you live in the back of beyond where nobody will ever see it ;)
...apart from one of the Junta de Andalucía helicopters.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 am

and there is always the satellite..............
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm

Bunch of friends and I built a wooden shed last year as a birthday surprise for the OH - the shed building parties were hard work but great fun. Putting together the self assembly kit from that well-known french DIY shop was not as tricky as I thought but the earth levelling and construction of the solid base for it to sit it on added hugely to the hassle. Cost did not include wood preservative either, so more work there. A week-long project for (variously) 2-4 people in total.

It was pretty expensive and I have to say, performance is not great. The doors never fitted properly and have since variously shrunk/sunk rendering the lock useless. The ashphalt supplied gave up the ghost after one summer - it literally melted and pulled away from the battens. They gave me a replacement roll of stronger stuff when I took the shredded ashphalt back to complain. However all retrofitting and repairs are down to me - still have not had the courage to call on that friendly free labour yet again, so the 'temporary' tarp remains in place and the ashphalt is still cluttering up my hall.

Conclusion - not a route I would recommend!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 pm

I know several people who have bought a shed. The problem is they thought they were buying a house! :(

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I know several people who have bought a shed. The problem is they thought they were buying a house! :(
Brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: