I need big palm trees

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

I need big palm trees

Postby Rogue » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:08 pm

I want to buy some large tallish mature palm trees and a few other big trees to go around a pool. Has anyone got ideas where I might get some? Ideally Between Malaga towards Granada or Motril as I'm inland, North of Granada. I went to my local garden centre who said he could get some in at around €2500 each! I must be able to do better than that by buying direct.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Viveros Guzman at Alhaurin de la Torre (inland from Malaga) have thousands of all types and supply all the Parks and Gardens Departments as well. Take the Coin road off the A7 just west of the Airport.

Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rogue » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks for that info. I will go there. I did wonder where all the ayuntamientos and parks got theirs. I sent an email to my local ayuntamiento but go no response.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 am

Rouge let us know what you paid in the end,I am looking for one myself.

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Rouge, just a thought....... the current concern about the palm beetle infestation. I would hate you to part with a lot of money, only to have the palms die on you. Can/do the viveros give you a guarantee that the new trees are 'beetle free' at the time of purchase?

PS there has been discussion about the beetles on here, do a search perhaps?
Sandramay