Geranium bronze

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
ken2
Resident

Geranium bronze

Postby ken2 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:09 pm

hi is this what i know as a butterfly, the same thing as the Geranium moth?? if not do you think the spray Decis from Bayer will work on this little blighter too, i lost all my Geranium plants with this last year??

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 pm

We were attacked by the geranium moth last year ( or at least the plants were) and the advice we were given was to dig up the plants and dispose of them as they could not be saved. However, I sprayed them ( and still do ) monthly with Antiplaga Geranios ( Brand name Compo ), which we bought from the local garden centre. They have all survived and are flowering well. :)
For Kenny's benefit, no it is nothing to do with Last of the Summer Wine. I thought I would get that in before he says something silly. :lol:
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Defra, UK - Plant Health - Geranium bronze butterfly

ok right i can see its not the moth, but if you grow Geraniums have a read,

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Geranium bronze

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:54 pm

ken2 wrote:hi is this what i know as a butterfly, the same thing as the Geranium moth?? if not do you think the spray Decis from Bayer will work on this little blighter too, i lost all my Geranium plants with this last year??
Yes, Decis is fine for the moth - just make sure you spray every 2 weeks.

There are "special" anti geranium moth insecticides available but that is just a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money.

More info about the moth here:-

http://www.botanical-online.com/floresm ... angles.htm