Worm like creatures

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Worm like creatures

Postby fearless nige » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:47 am

Hi folks, I am sure we're not alone with this problem! We keep getting worm like creatures coming into the house - they are a cross between worms and centipedes as they have lots of little legs. They stink too! Especially if you tread on them. They curl up into a circle in defence when threatened. My question is:- How do you keep them from entering the house? Is there something we can buy from the Ferreteria to put around the edge of the house? Help!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Worm like creatures

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:36 pm

We have been thinking the same, Nige. It seems to be worse after rain but we are finding them everywhere - on the ceilings, up the curtains, in the bath. I just don't know how they are getting in as when the weather was bad last week we hardly had the doors open and the windows all have mozzie screens on them. (I didn't know they smelt - haven't trodden on one yet!)

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Like centipedes and woodlice they seem to get in under the doors and windows; even the double glazed ones. We spray all our door sills and window sills with long term insect killer. Look out for any can which has "Todo una ano sin insectos" written on it. The best we have come across so far is Lotus NF which we got from the fereteria but most supermarkets sell one brand or another.

These products kill the insects within a few minutes so you generally only find dead ones in the vicinity where you spray.. :D
Life is 'ard den you die!

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks for the info! We noticed that they only seem to come indoors when the ground outside is wet also. I think they come in through the window drainage holes. We will try the Lotus NF stuff.