Jasmine plant

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Jasmine plant

Postby USINSPAIN » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:44 pm

My jasmin plant has started to go brown leaves not over watered but is in same pot anyone any ideas

Sampson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Jasmine plant

Postby Sampson » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:16 am

My white jasmine (officinale) needs a lot of feeding - if I forget for a while then yellow and sometimes browning appears on the leaves which I've assumed is an iron deficiency. I use a cheap Indoor plant food which includes iron, but I'm not sure this is as per the text book.

The other one, yellow flowering (nudiflorum I think) grows like billyo, without anything.

Sampson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sampson » Sun May 31, 2015 8:14 am

I've used regular small amounts of Epsom Salts recently on several foliage plants, including the Jasmine and this really works well. But there again the soil in my garden is absolutely appalling and must be deficient in most nutrients, but thought I would mention it. The white flowering Jasmine has really taken off - never had a growing spell like it :)

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 am

Jasmin will always respond to a dose of 'chelate de acero' .... chelated Iron its about 6-8Euros a packet and make up as instructed.
Being totally water soluble, don't over water after you have applied it, else you'll just wash it straight out , and stain your floor brown
You'll see a visible improvement inside a fortnight