LAND MAINTENANCE

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
AnninAlhaurin
Andalucia.com Amigo

LAND MAINTENANCE

Postby AnninAlhaurin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:10 am

Can anyone tell me what the law is on maintenance of land. We only have a small plot, but a section of it is not used. Are we LEGALLY obliged to trim it, as I see happening on various groves and terraces?

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: LAND MAINTENANCE

Postby country boy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:10 am

From what I see in our valley whatever the law may or may not say...just do as you see fit, that's what the indigenous population do! If you don't agree with something..ignore it :lol:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:09 pm

If you do not keep it under control and there is a fire you will be held responsible and any fire insurance you have will be invalid.
Let's go Brandon!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:01 pm

There was a fire along our track, it reached the last house, set fire to the support for the vines and carport. It was too far away for our houses to get water to put it out, luckily, our neighbour was 20 min away and came home fast when I telephoned him. The fire brigade took 55 min. :shock: (fire station 15 min away) A neighbour had rung for the fire brigade and was asked was a life in danger, she said no, but the neighbours house was.
Our neighbour had asked the owner of the olive grove to cut down the cane and clear the land at the side of his house, he refused and would not let the neighbour do it either. The land opposite is totally overgrown too and the house has 4 gas bottles outside, in amongst the dry grass . The fire was a few feet across the narrow track from the other neighbours land, he was so lucky the wind was blowing away from his land. I said to the neighbour he needs to clear the land next to the track at least and around the gas bottles, he just looked blank.

The fire was not a big one, thank goodness, but was shooting high, and the sound of the canes 'exploding' was really loud and scary, the canes were falling over and landing on the track close to the dirty land.