Yellowing orange leaves on blossom laden branches

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
SikeandKari
Tourist

Yellowing orange leaves on blossom laden branches

Postby SikeandKari » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi, we have been plagued by yellowing leaves on the orange trees in the finca we have owned for a year now and have tried many remedies with almost no impact. This spring though we have noticed a repeating feature - We have lots of blossom but the leaves on the branches with the most blossom are yellowing severely. I can find nothing on this on the net but it has to be nutrition. Anybody else ever seen this?

Ta

Spike

Martin Page
Resident

Re: Yellowing orange leaves on blossom laden branches

Postby Martin Page » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 am

Your lacking IRON ....

You can buy a chelated iron Oxide .. Its about 6E per tree and now is a good time to apply it before the end of the rains
Chelato de Acero

Do it Spring and September a few years - and after a few years you can leave it alone

SikeandKari
Tourist

Re: Yellowing orange leaves on blossom laden branches

Postby SikeandKari » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Martin and thanks for this. The first thing I tried last year was chelated iron, I sprayed it on half a dozen trees twice four weeks apart but no change. I've had a soil test done which shows no real problems and certainly no iron problem. Also the yellowing is all over and although I've never seen it I understand iron deficiency leaves the veins green. Any other thoughts? Ta, Mark