Garden centre near Bricomart

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
alisonb
Resident

Garden centre near Bricomart

Postby alisonb » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:00 pm

Does anyone know the opening date for this? They were stocking up with plants last week so it must be imminent
AlisonB

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Re: Garden centre near Bricomart

Postby GerryinCajiz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm

It is open, I was in last week and had a nice coffee in the cafe.
Gerry

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:47 am

Cheers Gerry
AlisonB

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:09 pm

We bobbed in for a look a couple of weeks ago, as Gerry said nice coffee, everything else was a bit pricey not much choice in the way of plants, more a Margo & Jerry Leadbetter garden centre than a Tom and Barbara Good :lol:

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Yes, we were a bit disappointed with it. I still don't think you can beat Guzmans
AlisonB

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Had a look in the place on Sunday. Nice cafe and clean modern toilets as you would expect. Not much in the way of plants and what there was was top dollar. I guess in the Spring and Summer they will have more and will use internal shop space too.

I thought the range of none plants stuff was very good but always wonder at the business model for such stuff.

What was impressive was the range of stuff for pets. Dogs, cats, fish and birds. There is even a separate area with an obstacle course and a pet washing range. I went back in with our dog as I had seen folk in there with dogs on leads ( that was a bizarre experience and a first for me) and took him round the obstacle course which was great fun. No idea if you are allowed etc but not many folk around.

Place gets a thumbs up and is handy for the airport run or to kill some time while the other half stocks up on Brico products next door....

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Where is Guzmans? Always looking for a good garden centre.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Theyre at Alhaurin De la Torre. They've got a website with address and maps. It's http://www.viverosguzman.es

They're far and away the best one for choice and quality of plants and the prices aren't over the top. There's also a cafe/restaurant which normally does a brilliant menu del día, although last time we went, service was terrible. The man who normally runs the restaurant was cooking, so I assume they were short of staff
AlisonB