Buy Soil in bulk

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
andrewhesketh
Tourist

Buy Soil in bulk

Postby andrewhesketh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:38 pm

HI Guys

I am planning to build an almightly planter spanning across the front of my house.

It will need around 4000 litres of soil to fill it

Does anyone know where i can buy soil in bulk? I have only seen in Leroy merlin at the most 50 - 80l bags, thought maybe there is someone who will sell them by the tonne like with stone etc

Cheers

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Buy Soil in bulk

Postby country boy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Our sand and gravel man does topsoil, 5€ a tonne collected. I expect you could pay someone if you haven't a trailer. Where in "Spain" are you?

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:48 pm

I expect if you talk to anyone operating a digger in the countryside they be able to sort you.
Another option be vegetable growers either outside or under cover as these guys will have access to bulk soil...

andrewhesketh
Tourist

Postby andrewhesketh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:49 pm

country boy wrote:Our sand and gravel man does topsoil, 5€ a tonne collected. I expect you could pay someone if you haven't a trailer. Where in "Spain" are you?
Thanks for that mate, Im just outside of Malaga City

andrewhesketh
Tourist

Postby andrewhesketh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:50 pm

wollie wrote:I expect if you talk to anyone operating a digger in the countryside they be able to sort you.
Another option be vegetable growers either outside or under cover as these guys will have access to bulk soil...
Same issue as always mate, try to find someone who knows these people, I've only just moved here also which doesn't help

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Our Sand and Gravel man is on the Pizarra road (A7054) just outside Cartama Estacion...any good?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Be very careful to check what you are buying. Good topsoil is rare and only comes from existing agricultural sites. All too often you will get a 40 tonne load of builders rubble.

Sid

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:30 am

andrewhesketh wrote:
wollie wrote:I expect if you talk to anyone operating a digger in the countryside they be able to sort you.
Same issue as always mate, try to find someone who knows these people, I've only just moved here also which doesn't help

I´ll PM you a number of an english guy. Hes been here 30+ years and stone/soil /groundwork is what his company does.

tell him that james from the airport sent you. :clap:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.