Yellow Shrubs in Alginarejo A4154

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
AndyLucyOne
Tourist

Yellow Shrubs in Alginarejo A4154

Postby AndyLucyOne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm

At the beginning of March, I was driving north skirting round the edge of Algarinejo on the A4154 when I saw a (civic?) planting of half a dozen or so shrubs (on the left hand side) which were absolutely smothered and dripping in bright yellow flowers, making a magnificent and really beautiful show (recommended for everyone, and "well done and many thanks" to whoever it was who planned and planted them). Unfortunately, I could not stop to find out more.

Has anyone seen these shrubs, and does anyone know what they are ?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Yellow Shrubs in Alginarejo A4154

Postby katy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Sounds like Mimosa. Had some at the bottom of our garden in Marbella and the surrounding hills were covered with them at this time of year.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Mimosa which you also see in abundance behind Cannes in France, small yellow balls in multiple big clusters, with fine feathery leaves - related to the "sensitive" plant who has the same leave type.
A version of the Eucalyptus, which is also often called Mimosa, which has leaves more like a eucalyptus, long and thin, and the flowers, larger balls this time, are clustered along the stems, which droop with the weight - Might have been these? We have a lot on the sides of the motorway down here in Huelva and they are very impressive at present!
Also varieties of broom are out at present, the early very pale almost white is nearly finished, but the shrubby bright yellow covered with blooms are out now. The mediterranean larger flowered broom will be along later - big flowers but not tightly packed.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Algarinejo is our neck of the woods!

My wife thinks it may be Yellow Jasmine, this shrub flowers from January onwards. Do you have a photo?

terry

Return to “Gardens & Gardening”