Iberbanda

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
kexon
Resident

Iberbanda

Postby kexon » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:42 pm

This is a cry for help to all you people out there who have their internet connection via Iberbanda. Whilst the service i get from them is excellent, I have come across a problem.
I want to use two computers, the connection provided by Iberbanda allows me one. Having contacted them they state that the router I should get be LMDS compatible, because Iberbanda works via microwave technology, what they failed to do was tell me which routers are LMDS compatible.
So I throw it out to all you Iberbanda customers out there, Have you come across this, and if so which router did you purchase.
I already know that Linksey do not have a compatible model ( info from their techi people).

So please anyone out there can help. :cry:

Conehead
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Conehead » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:15 pm

I have no idea what they are on about if you are using the normal line of site wireless Iberbanda connection.
We have Iberbanda with the internet phone and run a standard spare wireless router after the phone modem. There is nothing magic about the router. Have run 4 computers through it at the same time as well as one wired. I have posted about this before so do a search on the forum.
The signal after their power supply box (or phone modem) is standard Ethernet signals!
If you are using Iberbanda and an ADSL connection then its a different thing.
Do a search for LMDS on the internet and you will find more information. See here http://www.bandaancha.st/foros.php?temid=1192747
Due to the high cost of energy, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off until further notice.

Cartama

Phone Servcom!!

Postby Cartama » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi,

I have recently been installed an Iberbanda unit. I also wanted to use my PC but also my laptop.
We made the contract through avi-internet.com, and sent them an e-mail asking how to do it. They answered very kindly and explained how to do it. Then we found a computer engineer and he did it for us. It works fine and with a normal router, nothing sofisticated.
I recommend you to contact them and ask. They are very helpful and speak English.

Regards

willeaton

Try this...

Postby willeaton » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Try this site...
http://www.iberbandainenglish.com

Friendly native English speaking person to speak to, alternatively you just fill in the online form and they set the ball rolling for you!

Will