Cheaper land line and ADSL

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Romano
Tourist

Cheaper land line and ADSL

Postby Romano » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 am

:( Paying 60 euro plus per month for line and adsl. This is before any calls etc. Anybody know any cheaper alternatives for a land line?

julian
Andalucia Guru

orange

Postby julian » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:18 pm

orange has a deal for 35 euros + iva for adsl, that price INCLUDES the land line cost, so you don´t have to pay anything else to telefonica

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:27 pm

telefonica is only €41 a month ? including FREE land line calls ?

julian
Andalucia Guru

telefonica

Postby julian » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 pm

I have that 41 euros telefonica deal, costs about 80 a month by the time they have added on 10 different charges for god knows what, every time the bill comes, they have slipped a new charge on, if you phone they will take it off next time, but if you don´t keep on top on them it keeps going up, and up and up.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

orange

Postby Julie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 am

My friend changed to orange, and she has had nothing but trouble ever since.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:45 am

We´ve just dropped Wanadoo (orange) as we have Wifi (equivalent to broadband) supplied by the Town Hall. It costs 9 euros a month. We are thinking of dropping Telefonica landline altogether and just using mobiles as we hardly ever use the landline.
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:56 pm

babby wrote: we have Wifi (equivalent to broadband) supplied by the Town Hall. It costs 9 euros a month.

Wow, what a brill idea!! If only all town halls could do that. :idea:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

itsmoirob
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby itsmoirob » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:22 pm

I've been looking around at a few different ISP's for costs, telefonica seems a bit too high to me.

Can anyone confirm if their are any problems with coverage of ya.com or orange in Nerja/Andalucia?

Also what does ADSL + llamadas mean? I know it means ADSL + calls, but does that mean you get free calls or does it mean that the land line is provided with the ADSL?

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Stay away from ya.com in my experience.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Have a look at Vodafone 3g - 59E unlimited talk and ASDL.
Down to 35E for capped ADSL,
Check you can get the coverage first !....

ADSL + LLamadas means ADSL AND CALLS - usually just land line calls ( not mobile )

Lisa B
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lisa B » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Had nothing but trouble with Ya.com, after several phone calls to them for various problems we have canceled our contract. By the way when they can't solve your problem they just put the phone down on you mid conversation. Steer Clear.

itsmoirob
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby itsmoirob » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:35 am

What are peoples experience with Orange web provider in Spain?

I know they haven't done too well over here (in the UK), they're relatively new here, but I hear that Orange are more popular for internet then mobile phone abroad.

Also Babby mentioned that they get their internet from their Town Hall, does anyone know if this is done in Nerja also?

I'm just looking to not over spend for phone/internet with Telefonica.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

orange

Postby Julie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:00 am

My friend in Balanegra, had nothing but trouble with the adsl from Orange and it has took 5 months to rectify and she speaks fluent Spanish, so beware it could prove difficult for you
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 pm

I keep getting sales calls from orange, the latest said they would do ADSL plus phone calls for 19 euros a month. Had a reasonably long discussion, saying I don´t buy over the phone, needed their phone number so I could call at a good time for me. The salesperson referred me to the website. So how come the price is so low???Does anyone here use them successfully?
We have a telefonica landline, but only accessible for dial up internet at present, and we can´t get mobile coverage. Any ideas?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm

I have recently got ADSL with Orange. Their cheapie offer wasn't available for my number/line, so I have their regular price ADSL which is 36€ per month. Been brilliant so far although the set up of the wifi router entailed an hour on the phone with one of their technicians but he was very patient and helpful and got it sorted.
I did have, briefly, a wifi set up via our town hall, but it was worse than useless, connectivity dodgy, speed esp upload absolutely diabolical.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Car phone warehouse are in spain too under title The Phone Shop I think....do a search for them on internet. BT are here as well.....They offer very cheap calls via telefonica land lines......also check for Telefonica promotions. They are crafty, will phone you about a deal, then ring you back two days later to tell you that you must phone them and register for the deal they have just offered you. In our ¡case we had already made the 20 minutes intl call we thought was free but as we were not registered for it as no one told us we were charged........its a good wheeze......

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 am

Jool wrote:Car phone warehouse are in spain too under title The Phone Shop
phone house