Wireless TV point

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
greyhound
Andalucia.com Amigo

Wireless TV point

Postby greyhound » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Hello

Very sorry if this has been covered.

As I am a bit of a tech dunce...

But If I have a Stat dish with the "aerial" lead / point in the room can I fit a remote transmitter/ receiver to enable the TV / Sat to be "wireless" in that room???

If so what is it called, where can I get one and/or who can fit it - the Competa/Nerja area would be best for me.

Many thanks in advance :D

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 am

The satellite decoder (Skybox) must be directly attached to the lead from the dish, so you can't have the decoder elsewhere. However, you can send the output of the decoder (or DVD player, etc.) to another room via a radio signal. I suspect that most TV shops will sell the kit required, or you can buy on-line here.

This leaves the problem of running to the other room to change channels, but that can be solved with another pair of gizmos which send the infra-red remote control signal back to the decoder.

McT

greyhound
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby greyhound » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 am

Hi McT

Thanks what I really want is to be able to put the TV etc anywhere in the room with out the stat cable trailing around the floor/walls etc.

Hope this makes sense???

Also, I see you live near me, not sure if I am able to ask this so sorry admin but... are you in the business? - if so I would like to meet you!

Thanks

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:31 am

OK, the same applies whether you want the TV in another room or another part of the same room - the wireless link will be between the decoder and the TV. If the TV is in the same room as the decoder, there won't be a problem changing channels. These wireless video senders are not difficult to set up - usually there is a scart lead from the decoder to the transmitter and another from the receiver to the TV, plug both parts into the mains and that's it.

Sorry, but I'm not in the TV business - or any other business for that matter!

McT

Don

Postby Don » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 am

As McT says greyhound, you must connect the satellite lead directly to the satellite decoder but then you can send the signal wireless around that room or even into other rooms depending on range of wireless boxes you get. You will however need to have power cables running to the TV and the wireless receiver.

Carrefour and other supermarkets stock simple ones:

Google for "wireless tv link" for range of manufacturers and models.

greyhound
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby greyhound » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks to you both much clearer now!

Sorry McT if i was a bit rude re the business thing my sense of humor :oops:

Cheers

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm

greyhound wrote:Sorry McT if i was a bit rude re the business thing my sense of humor.
No apology required. I didn't think your question was inappropriate.

McT